#1June 2nd, 2006 · 04:41 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
53 posts
United Kingdom
Two Ships
Score: 75.7%
Battle: 2006-06

Can't sing, can't dance, can compose a little. I'm probably a bit past being a pop star now at 41 as my legs long ago ceased to look like Kylie's. I don't really compose this sort of thing any more but it's been cooped up a long time and is due an outing.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 2nd, 2006 · 04:47 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Welcome to the amp!
I liked most of this.  The levels seem to need adjusting, but that could be my crappy speakers.  The harmonies were a nice touch.

I think the vox need a bit of work though...but nobody's perfect    Keep 'em coming! 
#3June 2nd, 2006 · 05:12 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Great song
This is excellent. the vocals are pretty good, nice harmonies, good groove, I like the  effect in the electric piano sounds. Leslie Effect?  lots of layer in this one YOU GOT SKILLS.
Welcome to band amp. Maybe a little more top end in the vocals,  but that could  just be me and my bad hearing. Welcome to band amp. Maybe I could get you to write some pop songs for my singer  .
#4June 2nd, 2006 · 05:41 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
well, the production quality is tops, no doubt about it... the construction very well done...

but...

there is one minor "but"... :

anyway, we didn't have this sort of thing on the Amp yet, so, well, welcome I suppose

ps. I have rated the song nicely... judged to recording quality and construction... on both accounts excellent jobs... market value however took down the percentage, and sticks to a clean 70%.
#5June 2nd, 2006 · 06:15 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
27 posts
United States of America
well...
Recording is good I'm just not too into it.  Not that everyone has to like every song. sorry
#6June 2nd, 2006 · 06:38 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
dont be sorry, its a good thing when one says its not his style but still he respects it for the quality, its a part of this site, compliments and comments, thats the fun

the song:

like Dr.Hook and the Hollies have joined together and call themselve Mr Eden..

imo thats a compliment, cause thy're both good although they arent my fav's
#7June 3rd, 2006 · 03:09 AM
17 threads / 16 songs
81 posts
Philippines
i started to listen in the player , but after 16 bars , i stopped and decided to download it...Good choice , i love the song , the synthes arrangements , the voices , its a great job.For my taste, i will not let the bass occupy the center of the stage , but its a detail.If you compared me to Mike , i have no one to compare you , thats better
#8June 4th, 2006 · 01:53 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Ah this is nice.

Like a few others, this aint really my thing...

but

it's a nice tune. sounds good. the only critique I have for the sound is the midi instruments... I usually don't like the sound of midi instruments...

mmm... listening again... and I'm starting to get hooked on that chorus...

good work.
#9June 8th, 2006 · 01:03 PM
9 threads / 4 songs
209 posts
India
nice song...
liked it
#10June 14th, 2006 · 01:08 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Hey, Kylie's legs aren't that good.  OK, she wouldn't be kicked out of bed for eating chips,
but............... oh, hell who am I kidding

Nice sounding retro song, with a touch of Spandau Ballet in there (and yes, Dr Hook too).  Sweet lyrics, perhaps a little too sweet but they go really well with the style of music.

Lovely vocal harmonies

I enjoyed it
#11June 14th, 2006 · 01:39 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
10 posts
Brazil
Good!!!
I liked a lot. It's a good song and the recording sounds great as well. The only thing I have to say about it is that some notes on the chorus sounded out of tune to me. Maybe the lead or the backing vocals... Don't get upset, musicians are a pain in the eyes when analyzing each others work!
#12June 14th, 2006 · 02:17 PM
190 threads / 27 songs
2,836 posts
Germany
very good soft pop song... like it anyway. vocals are great and fit the song
#13June 14th, 2006 · 03:28 PM
4 posts
Canada
I hear  a lot of this kind of music on the radio stations way up north in yellowknife (Canada).  It's soft rock, but very commercial.  This sounds nicely produced.  I'll vote for this!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: September 21st, 2024 · 1:39 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.