#1June 1st, 2006 · 11:33 PM
6 threads / 4 songs
19 posts
United States of America
Grey + Blue

This song is not in a battle

A song I wrote about a year and a half ago, with lyrics reflecting a pivotal point in my growing up. The drums are not recorded well here (cymbals are painful and the timing is off sometimes) but it was the best we could get.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 2nd, 2006 · 11:53 AM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
I like this overall, but do have a few suggestions     With the vox being so frontal in the mix, you should try really givin'er with them. what I mean is that  it doesn't sound like you're very enthusiastic.  But that's just me.  I like what you start doing around 4:17 with the vox...it finally sounds like you mean what you sing, maybe try a little bit more of that raw singing earlier on.

The harmonies add a nice effect.  Your lyrics are good.  I don't think the drums are bad.

Nice work!  Keep it up 
#3June 2nd, 2006 · 02:21 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Tons of potential in this one.  Ditto to Spoon's comments - when you put some extra passion in the vox the song really rocks.

Quality wise it's not bad, although there's a "separateness" about the tracks that is a little odd.  It sounds as if the drums were recorded with a single mic, placed facing the snare and hi-hat but some distance away from them.

I like the construction - I quite like the music.

Pretty good going really
#4June 2nd, 2006 · 10:07 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
27 posts
United States of America
i likey
since you pointed out all your own flaw there is not much to say like the semi harmonies you have.  good break down.  hey 100 points what ever that means sounds good.
#5June 7th, 2006 · 12:03 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Good Song
I like the song alot just production issues only that you had already stated. the only thing I would change, is the levels on the guitar when it kicks in, just a tad. It might just be the speakers I have, or the headphones I have.  I listened to this both ways, and it seems that the bass gets lost in the mix some when the hard guitars kick in.  Imo only though.  I like the voice, sounds good.
#6June 10th, 2006 · 06:46 AM
15 threads / 5 songs
76 posts
Australia
Hey Mike I love this song its mad, i do agree that there are a few recording issues blah blah blah ... but the song is mad. Your band is great man 
#7June 20th, 2006 · 12:23 PM
9 threads / 4 songs
209 posts
India
nice song....

well just record it nicely and then its a nice solo ...

but not unless u need to produce to someone else..
us bandampers love such recording
(hypnosia is being diplomatic)
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 10:54 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.