#1May 31st, 2006 · 01:58 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Let it Slide

This song is not in a battle

an old recording...quality is like the others...this song is about not letting crap get to you ;D

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 31st, 2006 · 02:08 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
actually I used to be in a rock band many years ago (I'm not that old btw..) and we had a quite similar song...

well the mixing isn't as powerful as it could be, the instrumentals are too far to the back, or I have to pump up the volume to extreme levels... then the vocals become very dominant. but with female vox this isn't really a problem at all... the harmonies in the vocals are verry noice.. still getting that 60s.. 60s feel...

60s feel.. maybe also in the way it is mixed.

anyway, sounds good to me, I'd have tried a more rockin mix, probably cuz it reminds me of the song we had with the rock band way back when.
#3May 31st, 2006 · 02:11 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Aside from the quality... this is my favorite of yours. I really like those harmonies in the chorus.

Now, what I don't like... The distortion on the guitars, the one to the left sounds too flat, while the one in the right sounds to muddy...

But, the song itself is really nice. The vocals sound perfect. I like how they're doubled during the verses.

very nice.
#4May 31st, 2006 · 03:47 PM
10 posts
United States of America
This Rocks!!!!!!

The vocals are excellent.  I think I said before how much I like your voice.

I do think the distortion on the guitar is a tiny bit too heavy, but that's just my taste.  The lead guitar doesn't really do much for me either, it has a weird tone to it, and doesn't sound like it's played all that well.

Suggestions aside, I really do like this song.  The third verse especially.  Keep rockin'

#5May 31st, 2006 · 04:28 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
This is a nice number.
The vocals are very tight, with good simple, but effective harmonies.
The drums add a nice backbone to the piece, and keep the rhythm guitar in line well.
I do like the way the bass breaks out every now and then.

Downsides for me are the lead guitar, which is just too simplistic and not so well played, and the muddiness of the mix.

This is an excellent, very simple song, let down by a couple of bits.

Keep it up.
Improve your recording!!!
#6May 31st, 2006 · 05:29 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Hehe - well, I like your voice anyway.
Ask TessCrazy for guitar lessons - that's one "chick" guitarist who can kick some serious ass.
#7May 31st, 2006 · 08:17 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
I love.... your voice... beautiful... can't say much that hasnt already been said, the backng instruments sound far too distant, can barely hear the drums but still a nice tune, one to download
#8June 3rd, 2006 · 12:07 AM
4 threads / 2 songs
58 posts
United States of America
I have a problem with the repition of the instruments, it really grinds on my brain. The chick has some cool unique vocals -> maybe thats because I don't hear chick sings all of the time, but that is tight.
#9June 23rd, 2006 · 03:13 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hi
nice tune...you make singing seem so easy...you do it well....I do believe i hear Siren in this...the BG vocals....Hmmmm.....nice work Ladies....

Ralph
#10July 20th, 2006 · 01:38 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
54 posts
Canada
Totally pschadelic!!!!!
I love this kind of music, by far my favorite of yours. Takes me back to good old days when people experimented with sounds of actual instruments rather than sampling others work.Keep up the great work.    
#11May 8th, 2007 · 09:16 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
This is really cool groove.

That grace slick has a lot to answer for .
Rocking along avec a smile on ma dial.
thanks spoon.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 12:16 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.