1 2

#1May 31st, 2006 · 01:30 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Noodles-n-Cheese

This song is not in a battle

thought I'd put a couple of Toasted Goat cheeseys to Jims song noodle. Did this on the pc at home.  Anyway it ain't no big deal just Noodles and Cheese.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 31st, 2006 · 02:24 AM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Nice groove! Jim's song is producing a lot of great music 
#3May 31st, 2006 · 10:20 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Indeed it is...

This is really cool!

Sounds like you were able to pick out those phrases well, which is nice.

Really nice guitar playing also.
#4June 1st, 2006 · 12:21 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hey
like to hear someone just jam ...let it rip....nice  guitar jamming G

Ralph
#5June 1st, 2006 · 11:43 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
ok....
Sorry it took so long to post to this....

This is really cool.......

some serious goat cheese on my noodles!!!  

Jim K
#6June 1st, 2006 · 04:42 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
thanks, this was inpmrov mostly
I didn't have alot of time so I listened to the track once, then laid down the rythymn gtr.
then the lead improv over that.  It,s pretty lame, but at least its's given me a chance
to work with this new software( loading in files and recording to them). Everything is 1st take cause I didn't have the time to work up anything (sorry Jim ). If I get some time I'll set down with it and see what I can do.
#7June 2nd, 2006 · 05:51 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
53 posts
United Kingdom
Damn you guitarists with your fancy licks and tight trousers surrounded by a plethora of adoring fans while we keyboard players stand at the back trying to look moody and disinterested!
seriously though, you're a superb guitarist and I love the recording quality. Very organic and punchy. It rocks completely and I'd love to hear your guitars in the middle of a full arrangement. Makes me want to pick up the old plastic axe again but I know I'll just look a fool.
#8June 2nd, 2006 · 06:55 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
27 posts
United States of America
hey slow down killer
your fingers are going to start on fire dude!!
#9June 2nd, 2006 · 06:59 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
now thats funny
If they only new that keyboard players do all the real work!!! lol
#10June 2nd, 2006 · 07:07 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
101 posts
United States of America
like it
I think the recording is nice, but where are the keys? Kidding, I don't think this needs them. I'd like to see what a real good player could do, though. Could bring up the lower guitar track.
#11June 2nd, 2006 · 07:26 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
53 posts
United Kingdom
no, no, no. I wouldn't dream of suggesting that even maybe this would sound better with keys! I love the space in this and we keyboard players do tend to want to fill any silences. No, the guitars definitely do the whole job here.
I was just saying that I would love to hear those guitars soaring over some well placed keyboards on some other completely different track.
All clear?
#12June 3rd, 2006 · 01:14 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I would love to play with keys
I'd really like to do a project much like Al Di Meola and Paco De Lucia did with Jan Hammer, Steve Gadd, Mingo Lewis and Anthony Jackson.  Something like the Elegant Gypsy Album.
It would be kinda cool.  Not that I'm anywhere near as good as Al or Paco. That's why I still take lessons; hopefully one day maybe.
#13June 3rd, 2006 · 08:52 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
53 posts
United Kingdom
Just spent a very happy half hour listening to your back catalogue. It's wonderful. Sounds like Journey (one of my favourite bands). The songs are very melodic and catchy and the recording quality is excellent. Your vocalist is a ringer for Donald Fagin until he goes for the high sustained notes when he sounds like Bruce Dickinson.
Guitars are beautiful as ever, mixes are clear, crisp and spacious. Criticisms? Look, I was too busy enjoying the music, ok?
Sir, you have yourself (another) fan.
#14June 4th, 2006 · 06:30 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
This sounds great!
I love it!

> Iszil
#15October 6th, 2006 · 03:19 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Thanks, Hey Iszil
I just wanted to post that this was recorded on the pc at home. The guitar sounds were recorded through a strat and a pod xt (floorboard model). I recorded using both left and right outputs into the moto 2408II (I don't have a mixer here at this time). The software is cheap : Magix Audio studio deluxe.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 10:01 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.