#1May 30th, 2006 · 07:32 PM
23 threads / 20 songs
235 posts
Canada
Lighthouse Station
Score: 81.4%
Battle: 2006-06

V1. Down by the road, we kick some stones,
      well it's not too far, just count the stars.
V2. In the tower room, a sonic boom,
      that's way too loud to even make a sound.
Chorus: (and the) Lighthouse station playin' all night long, across the nation they're hummin' along. From Canada over to Hong Kong, a new sensational one hit wonder song.
V3. Down by the sea, we learn to breathe,
      we love to challenge, the balance. - Chorus.
Bridge: and there we are, your peacock charm and my pelican elegance, trying to get at the essence! - Chorus.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 30th, 2006 · 07:36 PM
23 threads / 20 songs
235 posts
Canada
wow this is totally awesome! A great tune man! =)
#3May 30th, 2006 · 07:43 PM
50 threads / 43 songs
130 posts
Netherlands
Siren wrote…
wow this is totally awesome! A great tune man! =)

Hahaha!

Well the mix is good, well recorded...but in my opinion the song is a bit boring due to the repetitions of few accords and little variation in way of singing (hope I expressed this in well english).

The bongas? at 2:50 are really cool. Adding some nice vibe to the song.

But...you did well on this song and looking forward to hear more from you.

P.S Welcome to Bandamp!
#4May 30th, 2006 · 07:51 PM
23 threads / 20 songs
235 posts
Canada
very true, it's a 2 chord song up until the chorus!!! tee hee! But this was meant to be my simple song cuz sometimes less is more!!! tHANK you for your input and hope to chat with you later!!!
#5May 30th, 2006 · 08:10 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Too Happy
I think I get what you are trying to get across but this is too happy for me,the melody your voice etc.Very well put together just not my personal taste that's all.Good Work
#6May 30th, 2006 · 08:20 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
I'll have to agree with everything BasketCase said.

And, yes, this is one of those songs that goes to show, simple can be very good...

And.. I forgot to mention before... Welcome!
#7May 30th, 2006 · 09:26 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hey
yeah this is cool  keep em comming

Ralph
#8May 31st, 2006 · 11:02 AM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
yup...can't disagree with the happy comments already made...but you already know that...its a fun song..extra cheezy

I do think the nature sounds at the intro are a bit much...

The harmonies in the chorus could be a little higher in the mix.

Those are my comments...you know I love it baby!
#9May 31st, 2006 · 11:58 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Paperback writer is a two chord song , simplicity works.
You got an interesting sound ,harmonies etc great going.
#10June 1st, 2006 · 04:31 AM
16 threads / 15 songs
108 posts
Bulgaria
Very nice :P

™ReFleX™
#11June 1st, 2006 · 05:06 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
LESS IS MORE
I'm glad I'm not the only one who says that. I think it's harder to write a really good two or three chord song, And make it  stand out against all the other two or three chord songs. I like happy songs too. Seems like every once in a while we should be happy and write songs about it.  This song is nice and smooth well put together you rock.
welcome to band amp.

Toasted G
#12June 1st, 2006 · 05:44 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
101 posts
United States of America
Like it
Nice guitar sound. The singer makes me think of Carole King. As for writing a two-three chord song, I've seen a 2-guitar band play dozens of covers with just a G and C major, and NO solos. It worked for them...guitar reminds me of Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians in "What I am."

ss sound might be a bit hissy. If memory is right, that's at 12 kHz and up on a 31-band EQ. I'm guessing you're not parametric Eq, that is hideously expensive. I think a little too much compression can cause that to happen, also. I can't really tell. Someplace up here is the Hz /kHz sounds scale. And everything is on that scale somewhere.

For example,  guitar (high-pitch) feedback is always at 6k and up. I might have the numbers mixed up, I have to go find it myself.

Thanks for your helpful comments on my song. I like this site a lot, and have told lots of people to do look it up.
#13June 6th, 2006 · 05:53 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
12 posts
United States of America
all i have to say is I really like your voice
#14June 7th, 2006 · 12:35 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
19 posts
United States of America
Dead
Somehow I just can't help thinking about the Grateful Dead when I hear this - especially the guitar solo.  Excellent job mixing everything together, and GREAT VOICE!!!
#15June 7th, 2006 · 07:32 PM
12 threads / 12 songs
43 posts
United States of America
Ditto on the less is more!  Neat song, reminds me of some 1960's mellow, inocent sounding music. Some of it reminds me of some of Tragically Hips slower stuff (guitar tone and progression reminds me of Wheat Kings a little bit). You have a really sweet almost vintage tone to your voice, if it were a guitar it would be a rickenbacker 12 string.  Very nice, I look forward to hearing more of your music on the forum. Great picking and recording as well!   Dan
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 6:15 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.