#1May 29th, 2006 · 04:01 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
11 posts
United States of America
Bounce

This song is not in a battle

A little something I was working on a few years back when I first started doing the home recording thing. Still really rough, and I am now in the process of finally finishing the damn thing, LOL.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 29th, 2006 · 04:30 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
hey this doesn't sound bad at all! nice guitar playing, good rock groove... great job on that!

however, the frequency thing... guitars are biting my ears.. thats not my preference to listen to.. master this and it's an all okay tune, though I would have turned the acoustic in the back a bit up.. make it sound more massive, which would be nice for an all instrumental.

cheers...
#3May 29th, 2006 · 05:26 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
This is really nice.

I love the wah wah...

Not finished yet... does that mean you're adding vocals? or will it stay instrumental?

It sounds like it's missing something... melody line?

nice guitar solo. cool.

As far as quality goes... I'd add a bit more tone to that guitar solo... other than that, it sounds fine.

good work.
#4May 29th, 2006 · 05:46 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
11 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the comments!

Yeah, the guitars need work. I was going through an old Roland SS amp with an 8-inch speaker. Not the best tone around.

The acoustic sounds lame because I only had a dynamic mic to play with. I now have a condenser with a tube preamp, so hopefully it will sound a lot richer. Also, the acoustic is a high-strung. The other rhythm is a Les Paul, but I may change that to a regular strung acoustic.

The solo was done through a Rockman, direct into the computer. Now that I have a proper interface, it should beef up the tone quite a bit. Also, the bass is barely audible. I was using a friend's cheapo bass, but I have my own now that sounds really good (G&L L-1000 Tribute), especially through a proper bass amp (Roland Cube30).

Not finished yet... does that mean you're adding vocals? or will it stay instrumental?
  Not sure yet. The words aren't coming out like I want them to, but a friend is taking a stab at it, so maybe.

It sounds like it's missing something... melody line?
Yeah, the song is unfinished. I have a melody for it, but haven't incorporated it as an instrumental. Maybe I will try that.

nice guitar solo. cool.
Thanks! Pretty basic stuff, but I was happy with it.

I used a Boss ME-30 for the wah sound. I didn't care for that thing too much, so I traded it. I now have a Vox wah that I totally rebuilt to use. Also, I have a couple of different options to use to separate the distorted rhythm from the fills (such as a Blues Driver that I modded to get the tone I wanted). The left side fill keeps getting lost in the mix.

The only other thing that really needs work is the drum track. I have been talking to a drummer to see if I can get a real drum track going.

Once again, thanks for the comments! Every little bit helps, and it's all good.
#5May 29th, 2006 · 08:59 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Nice, I like the way you panned the guitars in kinda of a call and response thing.
Good guitar playing, just needs a little eq work, and a few drum fills or changes.
I like it.
#6May 29th, 2006 · 09:13 PM
10 threads / 7 songs
78 posts
Trinidad and Tobago
I agree with takaminerbb13 vocals would not be a bad idea but i like the main guitar the main riff with the edgy solos and watnot throughout the song remind me slighty of like a Hendrix almost but a vocal melody might help to keep ur ears focus cuz i got the A.D.H.D ears lol!
#7May 29th, 2006 · 10:08 PM
11 threads / 11 songs
73 posts
Canada
Vocals: I can almost hear 'em!
I'm a pretty big fan of, oh, Southern rock of the Drive-by Truckers variety, and I think you've nailed it song-wise. I have to agree about the general mixing/EQ thing though. The out-solo at 4:00 has a more 'rounded' sound.

But dude, get some vocals in there about a steel driving man or dirty love or something because this song has so much room for vocals while keeping all the guitar parts! You're sitting on like a 7 minute masterpiece.  Really.
#8May 30th, 2006 · 02:29 AM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
sweet mama whose been a bad boy?
Uh Huh.
Agree with Jefferson ,this has that mmmmm you got me right away  sound.
On the subject of vocals could imagine to hear a woman ? Sweet wicked ass heartbreaker.
Miss Bonnie  or similar.
Just a thought.
Great gear
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 3rd, 2024 · 2:59 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.