#1May 29th, 2006 · 12:42 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Drift Away

This song is not in a battle

This started out as a reggae tune, or more of a reggae idea, but then, sort of, turned into something... completely... not reggae...

Guess I'll save that for another day.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 29th, 2006 · 01:24 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
13 posts
United States of America
I LIKE IT
#3May 29th, 2006 · 02:36 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Great song...I do agree with Rych about the movement...it could have progressed a little more quickly through its segments.

I think I would've liked to hear the vox higher in the mix, and maybe use the vocal effects a bit more sparingly.  Your voice is good - so lets hear it more

I really liked the change up at 5:29.  I definately can see how this started out as a reggae song. Cheers! 
#4May 29th, 2006 · 03:43 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
11 posts
United States of America
I like this. The only thing I can say is back off the bass a bit. It is clipping slightly and drowning out the acoustic.

Another possible suggestion would be to use a high-strung guitar in the mix to cut through the bottom end.
#5May 29th, 2006 · 04:02 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
lounge
yeah man cool track... hearing the reggae influence in there too...

tons of talent.. you're gonna kick it far... but you should turn up the organ more... take it out of the background... make it a flashhy solo.... it would kick bigger ass...

great vocal ambience everytime...

good clean lounging spirit... I'm gonna... fetch me a drinkie... I needs one...

cheers
#6May 30th, 2006 · 02:18 AM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Nice feel ,interesting vocals, yeah let that organ sweep it away .
Makes me feel the need for weed mon.Groovy
#7June 2nd, 2006 · 08:11 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
haha love the "Boney M" (70's disco) drum sample.... made me laugh when it just popped out of nowhere. Yes something different from reggae indeed, i really liked the part at about 1:48min, would have liked to see the organ part go REALLY sick as the organ does almost everytime it's given its own "part".... and when i say the organ i dont physically mean the actual organ going sick and breaking it down.... but the person playing it...

Oh man... dammit... im not happy i have to say that the bad part about this song is the boney m drum sample... after i liked it so much at the beginning.... But really it has no place in this song, it's actually a really good song as it went on it got better and better and thats really good. Good volumes on the guitars at the end, spaced them out nicely and they sound beautiful.
Good job, i can tell this would have taken some time and ill tell ya time well spent.

Oh and at the end when you really lifted it with the strings, id advice to raise the volume of the vocals, you can hear it, but not that good and plus its a climaxing end, so it would be cool.
#8June 2nd, 2006 · 09:54 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
good good

this is exactly what I was expecting to get back from this one

it's another one of my older pieces, tracks remixed... so there are plenty of flaws

Rych - yes... it does drag on quite a bit... but, I just couldn't choose which part to cut... sorry

Spoon - working on the vox...

MontanaDawg - really? clipping? there's some distortion on the bass, that I don't usually do, but it was intentional...

Chill - heh... not likin the drums eh... I'll have to do some research on "Boney M"... but until then, I guess I'll have to do something about that organ thing... the reason why it's so quiet is because there are a few wrong/missing notes here and there... I don't exactly pride myself on my organ playing... what? practice? naaa...

Thanks!
#9June 7th, 2006 · 01:27 AM
4 threads / 2 songs
58 posts
United States of America
This really stood to me.

I liked all of your songs, well maybe not all, I only sampled five or six, but I find it hard to comment on them.

But this stood up an kicked me in the face. It was like listen to me. I am digging the bass. Something I noticed though, most of these just blend. Very little stuff stands out, then again, there was ~2:40 in this song and instrument stood out. But seriously, even the vocals seem to wash away into the melody you've created.

"Don't let it drift away" is indeed in accurate little lyric which describs the song. Also, the little occasional clicks remind me more of the egals than anythign else.

Guitar Poking its head out ~4:20.

All around, everyhing blends well. It was all fine and good, I mean, you corrected me as I typed this. So, I feel appalled to even post. You (and your group?) as quite a bit of skill. Now I must quit before I reach 1000 words. For that would be too many for me.
#10June 7th, 2006 · 01:58 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
hey, thanks akuard.

I did have a problem keeping everything from, well... drifting away...

and, no group.. all me
#11August 21st, 2006 · 06:00 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
37 posts
Slovenia
I LIKE IT..
..very much and I'm gonna download it. rock on
#12November 13th, 2006 · 11:17 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
nice
Nice work Ben..You have a good ear for music...nice guitar...i like the way you incorporated  the keys...good lead guitar.. ( Listening as I type )just one thing.. Maybe the vocals can come up a tad..it could be me  but they seem a little hard to hear..I agree with Spoon...you have a good voice...lets hear it buddy....great work Ben

Flyer
#13November 13th, 2006 · 08:23 PM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
you're a genius and nothing anyone says can deny it LOL

what i like about this one is the faaaint reggae influence, it makes it so unique and cool.

btw, the solo rocks!
#14November 13th, 2006 · 08:33 PM
26 threads
86 posts
United States of America
phenomenal mix you got here, I love this song.

Honestly, other than the vocal issues already pointed out (higher volume) I wouldn't change a single thing. At first when I started listening, and saw spoons comment about 5:29 I was thinkin man, this song is over 5 minutes long?? (hey I love the killers new cd, wanted to get back to it!!) But I'm glad I listened to the whole thing.

Great job ^_^

Oh, and for what it's worth, I thought the drums were awesome, I like the synth-esque drum patterns.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 11:58 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.