#1May 26th, 2006 · 03:34 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
96 posts
Canada
Blues for Paul

This song is not in a battle

preparing to record an EP for official release this year, and am really moving in a new musical direction: much simpler with fewer chords and more melodic lines. so this is really a demo that I'm hoping to extend for the "official" recording later.

and therefore...  this is by no means a final product... and in fact, if someone could give me some hints on how to make sequenced drums sound better, that would be amazing.

thanks!
BT

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 27th, 2006 · 04:24 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Writing while listening....

Gorgeous tune. rhythm is loosing the control of the song in some parts. probably drums are too synthetic. the TRUMPET perfectly played. Solo guitar too loud. Nice piano riff.

My voting:
Personal likeness:   90%
Recording quality: 100%
Mixing quality:         80%
Musical quality:        90%
Quality of art:          90%
Idea:                       80%
Performance:          90%
Chill factor:             90%
Summary                90%

Guess you've chosen the right direction
#3May 27th, 2006 · 03:39 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
96 posts
Canada
wow. thanks; that's incredibly positive of you!
still curious how to make synthetic drums sound more real ("analog"?)... will keep tweaking to see what I can come up with. will take down level of guitar solo too.

cheers
BT
#4May 27th, 2006 · 03:51 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
more analog sound means you need a sampler keyboard or a drum machine (which uses sampled sounds) or a real drummer (??!!??)

The Korg Triton Rack or Triton Keyboard has builtin samples of various drums for all genres which sound pretty real but often too dry. So a good mix with effects could help for a good sound.

Good luck
#5May 27th, 2006 · 06:37 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
13 posts
France
I didnt use to listen this kind of music, but your "Blues for Paul" is very pleasant to hear.
I do like the sweetness of this ambiance.

Very good work...
#6May 28th, 2006 · 02:52 AM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
yea guitars clipping abit, erm i wouldnt change the drums to make em sound more analog i think they suit the song as they are, but i think u should add abit of reverb on the trumpet sounds way too dry at the moment, like the overall sound of the song tho
#7May 28th, 2006 · 06:37 AM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Blues for Paul
Sounds good

could qualify you as a noodle knight

As per devo - the  levels are a bit to hell and back
If you can record to mike then maybe some hand held percussion would do the trik and dump the Kit or leave the itchy sratchy sound out on its own............that might work

The fish...........aka Sir Notalot
no vote work in progress

for more

Thanx to http://user.itl.net/~glen/musicbongoBgWHT.gif
#8January 2nd, 2007 · 04:21 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Blues for Paul
have come bak to this song and request for help with drums...........

perhaps lay a thicker audio 'kit based loop' underneath i use this to fatten up original midi loops
#9January 2nd, 2007 · 04:39 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
96 posts
Canada
ya totally. this was at the beginning of my recording adventures, whereas Almost Born is pretty much the pinnacle, or at least the most recent...!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:57 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.