1 2

#1May 26th, 2006 · 07:08 AM
16 threads / 15 songs
108 posts
Bulgaria
Tears&Smiles
Score: 79.0%
Battle: 2006-11

So, If you remember I promise to try singing....Well here's the result.I still think that I can't sing but vote and write something.Thanx!

Tears and Smiles

I see in your eyes many smiles drowned in tears
I look inside your soul through the magic crystal ball
Wanting to find some warm place in there to hide
But I need your help to find my way out ,
of the cold maze and the endless haze
Which grips my heart as еagle clutch

Tears and smiles are breaking your mind
Smiles and tears are coming inside

At the end of the day you desperately cry
In the corner where the sun never gonna shine
I'm promising to be with you till the gray skies turn blue
Till the black birds flow
Till the warm winds blow
Till our souls became in one over the rainbow...

Tears and smiles are breaking your mind
Smiles and tears are coming inside

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 26th, 2006 · 04:55 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hey
great work REflex   it has a Pink Floyd sound to it    I like it alot

Ralph
#3May 26th, 2006 · 07:11 PM
3 posts
Brazil
Congratiolation
Okay Friend...
Congratiolation
A great music!!!

Bye
#4May 27th, 2006 · 12:18 AM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
I love the sound of that guitar!What is it?Uh oh......is there a string out of tune,I dont know it's  been a long day.Nice work.
#5May 27th, 2006 · 03:33 AM
17 threads / 16 songs
81 posts
Philippines
Nice song i wish i could write lyrics like that, regarding the voice may be the pich is too low for you, did you try to transpose one tone higher?
Cheers
Francois
#6May 27th, 2006 · 03:36 AM
16 threads / 15 songs
108 posts
Bulgaria
So...
Well,BasketCase the guitar is electro-acoustic, 3-band EQ - Stagg.There isnn't string out of tune my voice strings only... ha ha ha
#7May 27th, 2006 · 11:30 AM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
re: So...
ReFlex wrote…
Well,BasketCase the guitar is electro-acoustic, 3-band EQ - Stagg.There isnn't string out of tune my voice strings only... ha ha ha :)

Is it a 12 string?,I believe the ringing of the highs was messing me up early this morning.It only happened in a few spots so maybe when you formed the chord the string got bent a little or wasn't fretted perfectly.Not trying to diss your skills I just hear something weird at 54 secs to a minute 10.I Like the use of the Floyd progression for the lines
Till the black birds flow
Till the warm winds blow
Till our souls became in one over the rainbow.I really like this but every time I listen to it that part at 54 secs sticks out.Anyhow I'll shut up now and won't comment on it again.Keep playin and singin want to hear more.
#8May 27th, 2006 · 03:58 PM
16 threads / 15 songs
108 posts
Bulgaria
ReFleX
Well my guitar is 6 string.Just played twice with different attacks.Thank you for this comment I really appreciate it.Yes you're right.The bent isn't perfect because I was playing several hours before recording and at last I haven't any strength left.I'll fix that problem.And about the Floyd progression I think you remember their song-'Mother' from the album-'The Wall'.There the progression is form D to C (D-'uuuuhh...' to C-'..ma....').Maybe this progression is used in other song but now I'm tired and lazy to remember :P.....Thanx BascketCase once again.

P.S.I'm glad you all like my song and instrumentals.Thank you!
#9June 19th, 2006 · 08:57 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
I really like it! good use of the strings, perfectly balanced, nicely sitting there comfortably in the back which i can't begin to say how effective it is...

The vocals are good, just a little bit to "uhhh" sounding, as in sort of tired/lazy/stretched sounding. This song really reminds me of Nirvana's unplugged version of Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam... quite a sleepy song but a great relaxed solo at the end.

You have really made a nice song here, you have done something very hard to do, every track here is playing just something "simple" - as in NOT fast/crazy/diverse/weird/strange/complex/layered music yet each track is just so effective, i mentioned the strings already but the vocals aswell very nicely played out into the song, everything fits nicely together and both acoustic and electric guitar at the end played nice things that really fitted into the song and didn't blow up your mind with complexity.

I had the volume on low and i heard the following: singing, acoustic guitar, lead guitar at end and strings...... so little used and such a full and satisfying sound...

I just realised I have no option but to give 100%.... i loved it!

PS: after all that, i had nothing to say to improve it!! i suck...
#10June 19th, 2006 · 10:34 AM
9 threads / 4 songs
209 posts
India
nice song...everybody has said what i intend to say..
#11June 19th, 2006 · 11:24 AM
3 posts
Bangladesh
good guitar worx man keep it up
#12June 19th, 2006 · 12:37 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Nice simple construction
A very lazy feel to this one
I have to agree with the Floyd comparisons. 
Guitar playing and music very nice.
Vocals definitely "iffy" in places, but the timbre is good and goes well with the song's mood.

All in all, pretty good.

#13June 20th, 2006 · 07:50 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
nice work ,guitar sweet the vocals sit , pitch variation on some vocal notes but over all kepp it up mate
#14July 2nd, 2006 · 03:11 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
15 posts
United States of America
Great song
I really like the feel of this song.  I mean it reminds me of the old glory days of music.  The truth is that we all rate and judge everyone's music but the truth is that never should have been what music is about.  On this song you did that.  You just played and sang.  I commend you greatly for that.
#15July 9th, 2006 · 05:49 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
37 posts
United States of America
Good song
I like your sound.  Keep up the good work!
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 5:15 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.