697 posts
United States of America
The Monkey

This song is not in a battle

an older track.

recently remastered.

turn up your speakers.

ps - listen to how the style morphs gradually

and... I know I know... the ending is way too abrupt...

feel free to tell me what else is wrong with it...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 21st, 2006 · 06:03 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Might leave to others to say whats wrong.

But personally what I like is the groove,the emotion held in the string line.
The morph transitions great.
Yeah sweet thematic explorations.

#3May 21st, 2006 · 06:53 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
my style.
oh mhhhy i like your stuff....it's kinda moving...well done...x
#4May 21st, 2006 · 08:29 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
52 posts
Canada
very engaging... i didn't think it ended abruptly? the morph was nice, nothing too drastic but enough to keep the interest.
#5May 21st, 2006 · 09:00 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
well, the actual ending wasn't abrupt (fading...).. I was referring to where the big synthy stuff drops out (6:24 to be exact)

anyway, thanks for the comments!
#6June 8th, 2006 · 11:18 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
YOU DO TO HAVE VOCALS ON THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
loves you
-candy
#7June 9th, 2006 · 01:28 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
what I especially like about your stuff is that real violin... it's that folk like touch which just does it... I already like your loungy alternative pop... with groovy beats, sober vocals, synth arps... and then that violin... Maaannnnn... Also, the morph is really great. Maybe it shouldn't have morphed ALL the way back, right now you let the earlier beat return in full... maybe you could have left something of that more electronic beat in. Perhaps just via the sounds... or put a complimentary extra beat (electronic or even breakbeat) underneath it... I know I would have.

When the instruments drop out, at 6:24, that's a good moment. I think the ending like this is very fitting. I probably would have done a similar thing, if this were my song (I COULD ONLY WISH ... )

Okay... The mix between between the various instruments could use a bit more bite. I think the drums are good to be dominant, but the rest of the instruments could be more up in the mix. Mix more agressively, I'd say, even though it's not an agressive song, and agression isn't your style, but I mean to say that you want your listener to be engulfed by the music... So let the music come forward and "speak"... More punch in the equalisation and dynamics... Maybe it's just me.

But anyway that's what I have to say.

cheers!
#8June 9th, 2006 · 01:53 AM
23 threads / 20 songs
235 posts
Canada
Actually really like this track! almost first nations sounding, when the vox come in! keep up the new good work with your old song! I agree with the violin very cool! almost, celtic!!! - S =)
#9December 22nd, 2006 · 09:57 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Came here from Devos song 'First Snow', a collaboration with this one.

This song is only getting better!
I commented on another song of yours a few days ago where I felt it was close to a band called Afro-Celto, this one also has that feel, it's the folk instruments on the big beat, but this song takes that idea a few steps further.
Could I call it 'Folk House'? Or even 'Old Folk(s) House'! lol
The vocal is the only let down I'm afraid, it's too low in the mix and too inaudible but not only that, it sounds like you tried to sing it to the melody of the music where as, I think, a good vocal for this would have its own melody.
And it's way too short!
As a musical track though I really really like it, a wonderful array of very different instruments, from the old violin to the modern synth.

Cheers
#10December 22nd, 2006 · 12:17 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
kings wrote…
Came here from Devos song 'First Snow', a collaboration with this one.

This song is only getting better!
I commented on another song of yours a few days ago where I felt it was close to a band called Afro-Celto, this one also has that feel, it's the folk instruments on the big beat, but this song takes that idea a few steps further.
Could I call it 'Folk House'? Or even 'Old Folk(s) House'! lol
The vocal is the only let down I'm afraid, it's too low in the mix and too inaudible but not only that, it sounds like you tried to sing it to the melody of the music where as, I think, a good vocal for this would have its own melody.
And it's way too short!
As a musical track though I really really like it, a wonderful array of very different instruments, from the old violin to the modern synth.

Cheers

I agree 100% with what you say about the vocals. I can't understand what brought me to leave them in there. I don't remember ever really liking them... Well, I guess this is how we learn.

Thanks for listening.
- Tak
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 9:40 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.