1,965 posts
United States of America
Jessie

This song is not in a battle

another straight ahead rock tune.
this is not one of my best.
but it was fun to play out live.
I don't like the mix and production that well
I would've  liked to change some things.
this song started as a joke, we were sitting around in a motel  room, playing out of town,
and i said i was going to write the all time greatest song, then i started playing the most overdone chord progression in rock music.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 21st, 2006 · 06:32 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
i wouldn't change a thing, its great, but its not the greatest all time, its mainstream AOR
i would concentrate on new fresh riffs which are more memorable
very pro though!
you(all) play very well!
#3May 21st, 2006 · 10:19 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Agree with you, this is the more used chords progression in all the history of rock and pop, and in general in all music.
But sounds great, cause, of course, you can have a overdone progression in hands, but when you make a good instrumentation work the audience doesn't feel it's THAT overdone.
I liked it anyway. You are becoming one of my favorite artists here, dude.
Keep this rocking!

> Iszil
#4May 21st, 2006 · 11:30 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
professional performance and recording. Thats not my style what I am usually listening to. But I heard this twice cause I am fascinated by the vocals and a gorgeous solo. The fat ending is great.
#5May 21st, 2006 · 11:46 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
That's what I'm sayin
Yeah I know this ain't even near the greatest rock song. That's what I mean about the joke part. I had told my singer I was going to write the greatest rock song, then I hit this overdone progression and we started laughin, so he  said that's it. we're writin a song with these chords. we played it out live and the song suprised us, peaple were
comong up to us and saying play Jesse all the time. so we recorded it. It's not the greatest song but it's fun to play.  Just thought I'd expand on the joke part.
Any way thanks for your input and critics.
#6May 24th, 2006 · 09:58 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
would be fun live ,masterpiece of tried  true progressions ,hooky, seminal, classic sound and the chops and rockdog ass to kick it real good.
But should come with warning cause I banged head so much nearly took out the laptop.
Toastedgoat rules...
#7May 25th, 2006 · 01:53 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hey
man  Your vocals Rock

Ralph
#8June 4th, 2006 · 04:09 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
hold on now I'm not paying for a laptop.    thanks for your responses glad you like our songs. We wondered of anybody would even like this kinda music anymore. I see that there still might be a market out  for some of our songs maybe.

Oh yeah check out a good friend of mine in this area. His new cd is getting alot of attention.  It's been played on   ALL MY CHILDREN  day time soap and one of the songs was #11 on American Idol Picks. heres his website www.jeffshceetz.com

Greg
#9September 11th, 2006 · 01:21 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
27 posts
United States of America
Nothing special, but it still delivers the goods! I sure as hell wouldn't turn it off. Very cool. This is my type of music anyway.
#10October 31st, 2006 · 11:00 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
Me liky the tone your getting with that guitar, and also the second kick in. Reminds me of Gasoline by Audioslave. Nice riff (though very typical :-p) What pickup setting and pedal did you use in the recording (just wondering :-D )
#11November 1st, 2006 · 06:24 AM
7 threads / 7 songs
23 posts
Australia
Classic metal stylings. Fucking great vocals, love the pan. Almost the greatest song in the world. Hard to know where the line is between serious and tongue in cheeck with this stuff!!! Rock on party dudes.
#12November 27th, 2006 · 05:57 PM
2 posts
United States of America
Rock Anthem
This was the greatest rock song of all time.  How could one not love screaming    Jessie.  Jessie.  Jessie.    Of course it was those crazy nights going home drunk and your wife kicking your ass out of bed saying who the hell is Jessie.
#13March 28th, 2007 · 11:33 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Re:Re
ZachBlume wrote…
Me liky the tone your getting with that guitar, and also the second kick in. Reminds me of Gasoline by Audioslave. Nice riff (though very typical :-p) What pickup setting and pedal did you use in the recording (just wondering :-D )

hmm not sure, most of this stuff was recored without any pedals, ..just straight into a amp. I think Andy used a Kramer guitar , and I used either a Strat, or more likely an Ibanez RG550.  Amps, JCM 900. Randall,Fender.

And we take no responsibility for marital problems. jetman,(glad you have you here BTW)............LOL
#14March 28th, 2007 · 11:46 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice Goat this ROCKS bro
The Vox is just perfect Dan is AWESOME
Man you're guys are good
Mix and producction are great man
Great guitar sound and playing awesome details Goat
High vote on this
#15June 4th, 2007 · 03:33 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Dude was telling my girl about you guys!  So we sat down and listened to this one and she couldnt believe someone from this site put this together! LOL! This just rocks man.  Plain and simple!
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 6:01 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.