#1May 18th, 2006 · 04:00 PM
7 threads / 6 songs
21 posts
United States of America
It's Ok, I'm Ok

This song is not in a battle

This song came about on a warm April night in 2005 as I strolled bare-footed to an all night market . . . with my footfalls providing the cadence.
I got a little outta sync (stepped on a pebble!) during the bridge. It's a bluesy little number. Enjoy?

It's Okay . . . I'm Okay

I love you but somehow I can't love you . . .
I need you, but know you'll never, ever really need me . . .
I want, you to know before you turn and go . . .
that it's okay,  I'm okay.

I see you each night that I dream . . .
In my dreams, you're still, lovin' me . . .
and though that's not so, I want you to know 
that it's ok, I'm okay

It's okay that I may never find another,
I'm okay, and I've never, ever told told you no lies,
hold on to my hand just as long as you can,
before you walk away. . . and don't say good bye

I'll miss you, and know someday you're gonna miss me . . .
and I'll always crave, your  sweet lips, the way they've kissed  me,
If you're goin' . . .  go on ahead and go,
but  there's one thing you've gotta know,
it's Okay . . . I'm Okay . . .
yea . . . It's okay . . . I'm okay.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 18th, 2006 · 05:27 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
blues..

the music is great. I love the guitar work.

vocals also sound good.

I'm hearing a few spots where timing is off... but other than that, everything sounds great.
#3May 28th, 2006 · 10:47 PM
4 threads / 2 songs
58 posts
United States of America
I disagree, I think his vocals sound childish and cliche. Like he is trying too much to sound like that. I like the guitar work, save for one part where is just seems like you're going up a scale a note or two and back down for a few seconds. I don't want to listen to it again to find the excat time, sorry.
#4May 29th, 2006 · 12:53 AM
8 threads / 7 songs
30 posts
United States of America
I don't find the vocals contrived or childish. I did hear the timing issues, but thought that overall, this is a great song, like something you would hear on the soundtrack of a romantic comedy set at Christmas time. I've never followed blues, so I can't honestly tell you if this song is cliche, but it certainly captures what I consider to be the blues. Good job, d.
#5May 29th, 2006 · 02:02 PM
7 threads / 6 songs
21 posts
United States of America
Uhhh . . .
As I recall it (it's been a while) these tracks were all one take, and when I got to the vocal part, as I always do to remove myself from the moment (cuz' singin' by oneself in a kitchen can be a bit cheeky)  I smoked a load and then just closed my eyes and belted out the words, trying to use the gravel in my voice to relay the emotion I was feeling at THAT moment.  After all, I'm not a blues guy . . . rather I just wrote a bluesy-feelin' number. I do appreciate the input. -SWR-
#6May 29th, 2006 · 05:15 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
akuard wrote…
I disagree, I think his vocals sound childish and cliche. Like he is trying too much to sound like that. I like the guitar work, save for one part where is just seems like you're going up a scale a note or two and back down for a few seconds. I don't want to listen to it again to find the excat time, sorry.

I think you need to listen again.... I feel you did not hear anything.... All you heard was a vocal style that is different, and thought "well, I aint listening to this" at first I thought, man  does this guy know his voice sounds like that, then I realized how well it fits his songs.. You know he aint got the greatest voice, but he puts the feeling into the song that makes it real, and that makes it a good Song... George Jones has one of the worst voices I ever heard, but he is one of the gretest singers ever, because he knows how to put the emotion into it... Meatloaf is the same way, boy can't carry a tune in a truck, but he sure can sing.... 

These are the things that make music unique from most arts... what makes it good, and what makes it great.... 

Keep em comin Sidewinder....
           Jim K
#7May 29th, 2006 · 05:21 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I like this song too.. it's nice blue style... and still it isn't cliche at all, it sounds pretty different from the usual blues.

that's why I like it... I like the usual blues too...

I would have added a grungy guitar myself, to thicken up the soundscape... but hey I like it as is...

good job rattlesnake
#8June 6th, 2006 · 03:54 PM
4 threads / 2 songs
58 posts
United States of America
I think you need to listen again.... I feel you did not hear anything.... All you heard was a vocal style that is different, and thought "well, I aint listening to this" at first I thought, man  does this guy know his voice sounds like that, then I realized how well it fits his songs..
You misunderstand. I meant absolutely no disrespect. His voice is cool, the song is cool. But I grew up in Kansas City. I am used to the sound and voice. To me, it seems like he is TRYING to sound like a jazzy/bluezy person. I greatly enjoyed this song. I really liked the guitar. I just thought it was a bit silly. If I was wrong about the vocals, as he said he just sung it how he felt, than I greatly appologize.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 4:55 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.