behind your straight

This song is not in a battle

again im back ..missed yall

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 18th, 2006 · 12:06 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
I liked the guitar effects in this song.  the acoustic had some problems with the sound - played well but sounded abit tinnie or something.  I did find it got a little repetitive, perhaps try adding a bridge with some minor chords or something.

As for the drums and bass question.  I think I'd like to hear some light drums, maybe a brushes sound...and a deep melodic bass would really give some depth to this. 

A little more work and this could be really nice...
#3May 18th, 2006 · 12:11 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
very nice buzz.

I really like that effect on the background guitar... slow tremelo kind of thing... nice

it's nice to hear a slow song once in a while.

like spoon, my first impression was of the guitar being too "tinnie".. but I don't know... by the end of the song, I didn't really notice it anymore. I guess it fit in better when the lyrics came in.

nice one.
#4May 18th, 2006 · 06:48 PM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
thanks stilll workin on best way to record my accoustic

#5May 19th, 2006 · 10:53 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I agree with Tak on the acoustic, it kind of fits well with the mood and feel... so I don't think I would change it much....  as for drums and bass, well, I am torn on bass... but drums, I agree with spoon it must be soft...  I can hear in my head a little splash occasionally.. and some real soft bass, and brush on the snare.. a rim tap occasionally..

but,  that is what my mind is hearing with it... it is also very good left as a soft acoustic piece, with nothing else added...  it gives it a charm if you will...  so now it is in your hands, to add drums, or not...  you may want to try to mix up a soft drum track, to get an idea of what it may sound like, and let your ears decide.. 

L8r
            Jim K
#6May 19th, 2006 · 03:30 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Oh Buzz this is a very nice song indeed.

Though my ears are not used to hear those effects on a guitar it sounds very origin.

I guess I know what you mean with the recording of an acoustic guitar. Maybe the main problem is the resonance of all of your equipment. Guitar, mic, recording gear, fx etc. I always can hear a high resonance in the low freqencies ~100 - 150Hz. Eq this level down a bit and I am sure you get better results in recording of your analog instrument like guitars and vocals as well.

Again: a very nice song
#7May 19th, 2006 · 04:21 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Straight Face
The thing that strikes me most is the way your voice has changed. And I think that is a good thing, and.... GOD.... I LOVE THOSE LYRICS..... The entire feel of the song has so much soul, so much blues, that is... ....... . . . .... .. .  ..... "buzzappeal" (?) hmm mmm mmkay then.... all the way     

I think the spacy effect in the back is an interesting experiment, but does it fit the tune? perhaps if a good bass line could complement this (fat fretless)

Again I see art film potential here. Dammit if I had the time and money, I would surely invest in doing art film projects built around tunes of some of the musician on the Amp. Well, let the imagination take control then...

cheers buzz, great vote 4 u
#8May 25th, 2006 · 08:57 AM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
thanks huys doing a remake as we speak

#9May 25th, 2006 · 12:22 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I love the guitar work both the acoustic and the effects settings and sounds on the electric
I'm not a drummer, so I don't know what you call the technique, but I hear a snare with the sound when they hold the stick on the rim and tap it to the head.  real laid back drums.
Love the vocals, the lyrics are outstanding. imo you should really work this up.
The only thing that bothered me was both guitars seemed panned into the same area
 in the right side(maybe pan acoustic more into the left side) but that's omi, you may like it like that . anyway really good song.
#10June 2nd, 2006 · 07:53 AM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
hmm this 1 will turn out keep a look out
#11July 9th, 2006 · 07:37 AM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
its comin ...quick!
#12November 2nd, 2006 · 01:47 AM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
thsnks ya/....ll  oh hell imjust an  old  gutar player buyimn new toysi hope sum 1like its
#13December 7th, 2006 · 04:14 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
127 posts
Bulgaria
"to drum" and "to bass" are winners in your question. That's what I think. The song is very good, maybe just has to be finnished, to put in some contrasts and depth.
#14January 29th, 2007 · 10:39 AM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
sup people? got luv 4 ya
#15May 9th, 2007 · 11:18 PM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
well been gone awhile ...whada ya think
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 7:46 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.