#1May 17th, 2006 · 02:37 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
17 posts
United Kingdom
Rolling Thunder

This song is not in a battle

im actually in a band but i like recording some solo prog 80's rock stuff in my spare time!!!

i am only 14 and i hope u like wot iv done!!

recording quality is quite good considering it was recorded from my amp straight to the desk which is unusual!!

cheers

rickstl

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 17th, 2006 · 02:41 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
This is very good really - there's some strange fade going on with the drums, which I guess must be when the loop ends - but the overall construction is great.

And the guitar playing is pretty damn impressive too I think.
Well done

#3May 23rd, 2006 · 01:53 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
good stuff.

I don't think you should be panning that intro guitar hard right btw, and there's some definate mixing issues... try to get your eqqing right... so every instrument has it's own distinct place in the mix.. but this you will learn through time.. do some reading on the internet, and keep experimenting in your spare time... and perhaps talk to Iszil? he's in your genre, kinda!
#4May 30th, 2006 · 09:19 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hey
not bad  , not at all....you'll only get better...not saying that this was bad....   what i do like is that you just let it go and ya played what ya felt... keep it going

Ralph
#5June 6th, 2006 · 03:14 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
12 posts
United States of America
trippy man just cool and trippy
#6June 11th, 2006 · 11:05 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
101 posts
United States of America
like the song
I was trying to figure out what you were doing, so I could explain myself better to you. But I couldn't hear the track well enough to hear it at my keyboard at full volume. If you get a pattern in your head, and you want to play it out for awhile, just place the same pattern a 1/2 step or whole step above (one or two guitar frets) or below what you just did. You don't have to play the same riff the same way every time.

Incidentally, I don't like the guitars panned so hard. While it's great to experiment, I thought I had a speaker out.

If I were your age starting out in music, I would have started music therory 20 years ago; which gives you a great base for writing music. Then I'd go get a keyboard, and figure out all the sings I like, and where the singer's singing. If the chord is an A chord, does the singer sing the root/tonic (the A itself) the third, (the C#/Db) or  the fifth (the E). Does it change (often does) and why?

I suggest a keyboard because it has a more pure tone than guitars, where it was easy for me to get melodies wrong. When you're not sure what something is, turn up the bass, and find the tonic (the lowest note) from the bass player.

Most rock players have a great ear-meaning they can tell you what any melody/chord is. Classical players, on the other hand, can read well enough to put most of the rest of us to shame, but they generally don't have a great ear that you seem to need for rock music. I'd learn to read, too.

Oh, don't rely on the internet for chords to songs you like, they're very often very wrong.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 3:51 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.