This song is not in a battle

thanks

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 16th, 2006 · 10:39 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
This is really different.

I wasn't liking it in the beginning... it sounded a bit too "midi" for my taste. but when the classical guitar came in, it was very nice. very nice.

Well, to be honest, I didn't really like the vocals. but I think I'd appreciate them better if I could understand them. Also, imo, they were too loud. They sort of overpowered the instrumentals.

otherwise, timing was fine, everything else sounded great.
#3May 16th, 2006 · 01:14 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Agree with vocals being too loud... maybe need some compression.

Nice instrumentation.
#4May 16th, 2006 · 01:26 PM
50 threads / 43 songs
130 posts
Netherlands
Hey!

I think you got yourself a nice subtle song here. There's really a nice flow in it.

Nevertheless there might be some things you can change in this song (in my opinion).

The reverb snare is really cool in this song but I'm not really keen on the total drum sound.
The kick drum could have some more "body" and some less "punch". The Crash and Hi-Hat could have a longer decay and release. The snare could have some more "punch".

The vocals are a bit loud compared to the music. It's also an idea to gate your vocals  because I really hear noise coming in from your microphone.

The "Tremalo" effect on the background is a bit anoying me personally. I think it would fit better in the mix when you dub it (and pan it a bit left and right from the main vocals) and add some reverb to it. This will result in a nice blend with the background music.
Another option is panning the background vocals harder left or right with a smoother voice which gives a gentle extra stereo effect to the song.

Well I hope my opinion is usefull to you.
Keep up the good work! Really like the flow in this song!
#5May 16th, 2006 · 03:07 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
well...

I agree the music sounds pretty much all midi... but still in all the compostion is good, and the mix is real good...  Also, the Bahasa works so well with the flow of the song.. but I agree it is a bit loud in some parts....  

overall I really like it....  Keep them coming...

Jim K
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 6:28 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.