1 2

#1May 15th, 2006 · 05:01 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Water Song

This song is not in a battle

Another not so perfect recording, but you get the idea.  This posting music stuff is fun!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 15th, 2006 · 07:40 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
fun stuff
Certainly do , great water song too.Vocals sit well instrumentation sweet.
You know take this material a little down the path and could find  cowboy junkies river.
Keep?posting will look foward to hearing.
#3May 15th, 2006 · 09:54 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
very nice.

I like this better than your first song. It seems to flow better. and it has a nice chord progression.

gotta love those acoustic guitars. it seems like the vox were not quite in tune with each other in some spots... or was that intentional? otherwise, good song.

very nice.
#4May 15th, 2006 · 11:43 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
interesting.....

I like this one....  Very simplistic....  nice melody.... nice riff.....  Very easy to hum along with...  toe tapping beat.....  

I think this will be great re-done with better quality... 

Keep these coming....  You all are doing great...  

Obvious issues are harmonies aren't real tight, sounds like a live recording..
  the mix is ok, but not great.. Vocals get drowned a bit and guitar is almost non existent sometimes....... 

Jim K
#5May 16th, 2006 · 10:45 AM
10 posts
United States of America
I think this is a beautiful song.  I see why it's called water song.  The way you use the water references to talk about the relationship is brilliant.

The acoustic sounds really great.  The lead guitar riff is pretty quite, but I think I like it that way.  Your vocals are good...you have a unique quality to your voice, that's different from so many of the girly girl voices I hear so much of.

Good work!
#6May 16th, 2006 · 01:50 PM
50 threads / 43 songs
130 posts
Netherlands
Hey!

Really like this song! There's some nice flow (I think i'm going to use that word a lot here) in it.
I wonder how this song is recorded.

In my opinion the vocals could be some louder compared to the music.
What I miss is the brightness in this recording. This song would sound so much better when it sounds more open and clear.
Another thing are the drums, except for the ride and some toms (soft on the left side) they seem to be totally mono. I think it would be nice if there's a more stereo feeling in it.

For a next recording you might want to use a condensor microphone for the vocals and the acoustic guitar to make it sound more open.

Ok this all sounds a bit negative but it are just idea's to think about. It's a really nice song itself, it would only sound so much better with a more open recording.

Greetz!
#7May 16th, 2006 · 02:43 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Thanks everyone for the feedback.  Since I'm re-recording this song right now, its good to hear your ideas.

I know the mix isn't great, but it's an early recording. I agree with the comment about the drums sounding mono - they were recorded live and picked up alot of other stuff on their tracks, so we deadened them in the mix abit to try and drown out the background noise.

The vocal problems occured for the same reason.  The live take vocals bled through onto some other tracks, and we couldn't elimate them entirely without starting from scratch again(which I'm doing now anyways!).  So we added some new vocal tracks, but they don't quite match.
#8May 19th, 2006 · 12:47 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
Nice track, not sure if i like it more than wanna get down, but still a nice feel, one for beach almost got a sheryl crow feel, keep up the good work
#9May 19th, 2006 · 02:06 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
I like the way this one sort of moves forward all the time - actually, a bit like the flow of the water.  Duh, perhaps that's why you did it

I hear what Devo means about the Sheryl Crow feel - I like Sheryl Crow, so that's a good thing for me.

Yes, the recording's not brilliant - but it's a good, simple song that kept me listening to the end.
If I were to redo this, I'd bring the bass and lead guitar forward in the mix a fair bit, and add a couple of small drum breaks to break up the rhythm a little (that's the water going over some rocks!)

But this is good stuff, so far my favorite of yours
#10May 31st, 2006 · 12:12 AM
23 threads / 20 songs
235 posts
Canada
I Liked it too, but the bleedthrough is pretty bad!
#11June 1st, 2006 · 05:10 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hey
like the music    nice lil tune   you sing nice also    I like this catchy tune    ...keep going

Ralph
#12June 3rd, 2006 · 04:29 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
i  WILL steal your voice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mark my words!
loves yeah
later....
#13June 8th, 2006 · 11:21 AM
4 posts
Canada
I love this song.  It's simple but effective.  Your lyrics and vocals are really beautiful.
#14June 8th, 2006 · 11:36 AM
7 posts
United States of America
Yeh, this is good music.  Like Sheryl Crow, but better.  Not funk, but I could listen to this while chillin, I love your voice. 
#15June 10th, 2006 · 02:09 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
22 posts
Chile
Your voice is nice, but I didnt like much the song, but is good, its just not my style.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 7:42 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.