#1May 14th, 2006 · 07:31 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Spirits

This song is not in a battle

A song that didnt make it through the selection at last, because it wasn't good enough we thought

i never recorded it properly myself, so this is  a live recording of the first live gig with at that time(1999) U-Tow's newest and final vocalist : Lawrence 

Outside on the back of a truck, very cold and windy..
I remember very well!

song and lyrics by me mainly, but tnx to Rodney for his great beats!

"there's no answer without question, human race is born to seek"

MaxdB

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 14th, 2006 · 10:51 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
sounds like an awesome gig...

and it sounds amazing for a live recording. mix sounds good.

my only criticism would be on the vocalist... in my opinion, Lawrence could sing with a bit more feeling. It sounds sort of like he's singing from his throat, instead of his stomach... or something... don't know much about the singing stuff...

not sure if that's anything you can change... but otherwise, great song. you've got a nice band.
#3May 15th, 2006 · 05:34 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
u are very right there, he was just 2 months with us and he came straight from a metalband (Phlebotomized), so he still had to find his form at this point, but he did, as you can check out at my other U-Tow songs uploaded here.

Also in my 'blog' i explain that the band isn't existing anymore, but since it was my life to create it i just wanted to share this music on this site

about this recording; i cant mix anything because i only have the stereo mixes of this gig, no multitracks

so, i should have mentioned that i was curious what people find of this song, not the mix

tnx anyway Takaminer.., I indeed hád a nice band
#4May 15th, 2006 · 11:07 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
wow.....

This is really cool.......

You guys really rocked that truck bed... 

Man....  Impressed am I......

Shame you guys aren't together anymore....    

Jim K
#5May 16th, 2006 · 01:21 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yes, I am definately impressed with the quality. So at where was this exactly? An open air festival or so?

I actually like the tune. The construction is more basic than the other U-Tow stuff, but it's got a good guitar flow to it. I like how it changes to the wilder part, but at that point the vocals are starting to sound maybe a bit too "live".

Well it's a good song and the quality, for a live recording, is great.
#6May 16th, 2006 · 12:41 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
wow, this song is really great

unfortunatelly the voice quality don't help to the rest of the song

I think he's looking for his own style, but doesn't matter,

the band isn't exist anymore , but i can see a promisory future to you Max

thanks again

Sir Axealot
#7May 16th, 2006 · 02:06 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
This song moves me to some of my darkest sides in my soul.... dont know why. Maybe the dark chords although they are played in a very good way.

We have a great rock event in this days here in the near. This would fit perfectly.

For me this song is almost 96%
#8November 3rd, 2008 · 05:49 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
link from the gear forum to this song..... man I am glad you put the link in there.  This song is very good. I love the darker mood songs like this.  The guitar tones are very good.  I really like the vocal melody it fits perfectly with the music.   I will have to go through your all of your music page now.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 4:46 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.