#1May 14th, 2006 · 05:05 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
35 posts
Sweden
My Hate

This song is not in a battle

This is a song I wrote to a person that I hate because she doesn't seem to understand how much I hate her. and trust me, I do have a reason of hating her.

It's recorded on my teachers minidisc so you don't have to expect a wonderful sound, it's kinda low. I lose the lyrics somewhere in the song but I hope you don't mind.

This is my first song I record but say what you really think, is it bad then that's it.   but I want to hear it's bad. I've done all the work myself, the lyrics, the guitarplay, everything.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 14th, 2006 · 05:17 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
U got a good voice, lots of potential there, but the recording is naf, the chord progression is pretty basic, should try some multi-track recording, lyrics are pretty cheesy and basic, it could work well if you grunged it up abit, added some distortion and drums, u got a good voice for that i think it would work well... but its got potential
just my 2 cents
#3May 14th, 2006 · 05:25 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Very simple sound - and yes the recording's not brilliant, so when it's re-recorded you can fix that!

At 5:46 mins, I think it's way too long - you've said all that you can say in the first 4 minutes, so perhaps think about trimming it slightly.

Hmmm, I'm not sure that the lyrics do the song justice either -  ok, you hate this girl, but there are more subtle ways to say it, which may be even more powerful than "I fucking hate you"!   

Have a listen to the dynamics and passion that Educatedguess uses in his songs on this site - it's possible to express emotion though playing and voice, and I think that's what this song needs.

I sense something really good in the music here; in my opinion it just needs a little work.

But this is a fine first posting.

#4May 15th, 2006 · 12:08 AM
12 threads / 7 songs
46 posts
United States of America
May benefit from percussion
A beat subtle in the background may benefit you...A take 2 in the future?...Keep up the work.
#5July 17th, 2006 · 06:29 PM
1 posts
Sweden
Vem visste att min lågstadie kärlek var ett musikaliskt underbarn! Jag älskar din musik Adam. Du är verkligen jätte dukdig. Du kommer gå långt.

/ Malin Svenningsson
#6July 19th, 2006 · 06:51 AM
7 threads / 7 songs
35 posts
Sweden
haha tackar så mkt Malin! va gullig du e;)

pözzz
#7July 19th, 2006 · 08:46 AM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
I like the chord progression. You must really hate this person if you're writing a song like this. I think this song would sound fantastic with a full band and a few good hooks.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 10:29 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.