#1May 14th, 2006 · 03:13 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Dreaming

This song is not in a battle

Hello again. Too much work, not enough play lately so I've not been around much but today was free and I managed to knock this up in a few hours. Not my usual style you'll agree but I think it's worth a listen.
Hope it doesn't bore the pants off you.
Thanks.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 14th, 2006 · 05:20 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
like the left guitar coming in later after a few bars, nice vocals, like the notes on the guitars, nice sound, like the lyrics, in the chorus, maybe try adding some cool reverb on the long 'dreamin' and the drums are pretty naf, but a good enjoyable song, worth a download
#3May 14th, 2006 · 05:25 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
well well gone hippy eh? hehe that's cool... feels a lot like a lost Byrds track. The vocals are great. Really nice song this, and a really nice twist with the sample at the end... yeah.. that's life alright...
#4May 14th, 2006 · 05:33 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
OMG - I see what puppet means.  Now where did I put my Paisley shirt?

This is pretty tight stuff - it's got a lovely sound; well constructed, played, sung, etc.  A little repetitive perhaps, but it carries you along nicely until the end.

Pretty nice.  Looks good through a kaleidoscope

#5May 15th, 2006 · 04:27 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for the comments guys. I'm surprised no-one picked up on some pretty flat points in the vocals and the poor effort at a guitar solo but I guess you're all too kind to mention it

Yes. The drums are naff. It's an eight bar loop that took about 5 minutes to do but it's only there to keep time really and I felt it did that job well enough.

Gone hippy? Hmmm. Always been so really, at least on some level. No need for paisley though

Thanks again. Appreciate the comments and the votes.
#6May 17th, 2006 · 10:45 AM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Hi there...nice song...the vocals do need tightening up, but A for effort on attempting those harmonies all the way through!  I get the Byrds comparison...if you wanted to give it a more rock n' roll sound, it could end up sounding very Sloan-ish (which, in my opinion, is a good thing).

I'd like to hear it with some more agressive drums, and perhaps a big explosion of sound into the bridge.  But for a couple hours work, you did a great job.
#7May 20th, 2006 · 08:16 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Dreamin, yeah, I like the vocals. like the guitar riff pretty cool. You might think about spending some more time with the drum loops. overall I liked it.
#8May 21st, 2006 · 02:29 PM
16 threads / 15 songs
108 posts
Bulgaria
Really nice..
Hey dude I really like this.But I have a question-how did you make this harmonic back vocals because it sounds cool:)
#9June 4th, 2006 · 12:56 AM
7 threads / 7 songs
29 posts
United States of America
vry cool
nice mellow tune like a 60,s tune sit back smoke have some wine and mellow time
#10June 10th, 2006 · 10:25 PM
24 posts
United States of America
Whoa, it's all... trippin' man. Dig it.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 3:29 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.