This song is not in a battle

My drumcomputer was drunk

Ever heart drums like those?

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 14th, 2006 · 05:24 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
i like it, its pretty trippy, the drums are almost out of time...but they're in at the same time, s'nice, almost sounds like vocals in there's but i can't really tell almost like a radio clips, nice to listen to, kinda just wondering whats gonna happen next, yea nice one
#3May 14th, 2006 · 05:28 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
awesome soundscape... can't get enough of this...

sounds very filmic in the beginning, almost from an Alien movie...

but the drums... man, ... the drums... they are TOO COOL

ps... the sampled vox.... "... got a tube up his ass for years"? something like that? hahahahaha !!
#4May 14th, 2006 · 05:48 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Just typed a long missive (honest) about this track - and then my connection went down. Grrr!

Basically, I like it.  I paints a nice picture, but I don't think it really takes me on the musical journey that it promises at the start.

The "got some tubes up his ass for years" i pretty funny.

#5May 14th, 2006 · 07:52 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
nice issue...

to me this is about not givin the listener what he 'wants',  what is expected, what is usual..
if the drums were as you'd 'expect'.., would it be more or less interesting?

although it is an awesome soundscape for sure!!!

would be a great movitrack too, one could almost make a film on this music, instead of making music for a movi
#6May 14th, 2006 · 08:16 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
The drums were off.....they sounded cool, but distinctly wrong because of the miss beat. You're  going along great until the loop starts over (or whichever part of the loop it is, i dont know), and then it doesnt match up quite right. LIke MaxdB, it sound more like ambeince for a dark scary movie scene than i song?
#7May 16th, 2006 · 12:49 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
THis is my kind of stuff....

BTW,
Oldies324 wrote…
The drums were off.....they sounded cool, but distinctly wrong because of the miss beat. You're  going along great until the loop starts over (or whichever part of the loop it is, i dont know), and then it doesnt match up quite right.

Not really... I lestened pretty intently.. and I believe if you listen, it is a purposeful beat...  it is meant to be odd timed... and off ...  really awesome... adds to the feel... This is soo much my kind of stuff... as you can tell by Asylum... hehehe... anyway.. 

THis rocks
        Jim K
#8May 16th, 2006 · 02:08 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
THis is my kind of stuff....

BTW,
Oldies324 wrote…
The drums were off.....they sounded cool, but distinctly wrong because of the miss beat. You're  going along great until the loop starts over (or whichever part of the loop it is, i dont know), and then it doesnt match up quite right.

Not really... I lestened pretty intently.. and I believe if you listen, it is a purposeful beat...  it is meant to be odd timed... and off ...  really awesome... adds to the feel... This is soo much my kind of stuff... as you can tell by Asylum... hehehe... anyway.. 

THis rocks
        Jim K

I know for a fact that this is deliberately off-beat!
#9May 16th, 2006 · 02:14 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
why drums? I think this kind of music doesnt need any drums. the sound is so cool and I would say that these drums are a part of this sound effects not reaaly as an instrument.

sound track for some alien scenes?

Good work
#10July 8th, 2006 · 10:48 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Awesome texture!!

Not too convinced about the drums though.  They sound really cool, but I don't know if they would be my choice for this track...I'd suggest to get the percussive sounds form somewere else, like a pulse synth (?)

but that's only my opinion.

Nice work.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 8:48 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.