#1May 13th, 2006 · 09:55 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Drums, Guitars, and the likes...

This song is not in a battle

I'm a caretaker at a museum. Listen to my song.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 16th, 2006 · 12:25 AM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
You rule mate,I'm a sucker for tribal beat.
Great dynamics shifts punctuation  and changes.Whoa and swing too.

#3May 18th, 2006 · 09:51 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Bah! The drums at 1.10 are...meh. Don't like 'em. Don't like bass drum repetitively.
But...is that a real bass? I don't think so, but it's really cool. Goes along with your "plucky" style, which in turn goes with your soundscaping.

Hey, how about those horns? They outta be recorded real    hehe
Please don't be offended, but some of the rythms are just a little funny for horns there. Really only the lower notes,as the higher notes sound like just the kind of rythm I would come up with. You just didn't swing those low notes right, man oh man you were so close, doing so great....ah well Im being picky.

Same opinion on  the piano bit right after, it's not the writing that's off there, more like you couldn't keep up with yourself.

BUt hey, i don't wanna sound pessimistic. It was a really cool song! I guess I should have emphasized that more...cause it really was.
#4May 19th, 2006 · 12:06 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
oldies:
haha.. I understand what you mean about the horns... actually, they weren't horns to begin with... I had the notes down, and just started playing with the synth.. when it starting to sound a bit like horns, I pushed it over the edge. and yes... it would sound much better with real horns...

also, about the piano thing... it's not exactly what I had in mind (I actually did have something in mind) but I kept it anyway... for.... god knows why?

this song was really just sort of an experiment. (guess I should have posted that in the description), ya know, kind of for fun...

anyway, thanks for the comments... I agree with... well, most of them 
#5June 21st, 2006 · 07:35 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
love the freakin guitarsound, love experiments like this!

personally i'm not crazy over the stereo scratching sound (this much) btw.

piano is great.., well almost

too bad the guitar never returns?
#6June 21st, 2006 · 09:19 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
This is freaking cool!
I love it. You are a great mixer: you have a really good notion of how to build a song structure and how to fit what instrument where.
I love how you put up all those synthns and sounds on this.
Did you play the piano on that swing part?
Man, your work is awesome. I'm your fan dude.
Surely, we MUST do something together again!

> Iszil
#7June 21st, 2006 · 09:46 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hey
nice work Ben...Love the piano..and the way it fades outs..nice riff......good work

Ralph
#8June 23rd, 2006 · 01:05 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Love the build up to this - you never quite know what's going to happen until it does.  Very nice.
Drums are (maybe) a little too clean and clear - but well recorded.  Actually the recording quality is excellent.

Synth horns are not so good!  But other than that, I like the choice of instrumental sounds.

A very nice turn of styles throughout.
Pretty good going really
#9July 12th, 2006 · 11:28 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
12 posts
United Kingdom
nice Build ^^
Hey Taka. the most catchy part bout this piece is the build up at the start. i think it creates like an erm... how can i describe.. i dont really know how to describe but i am very impressed by this piece. well done ^^
#10July 12th, 2006 · 07:13 PM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
Liked the bit with the guitar, the rest is cool as a doodle but....
KI
edit; Liking the piano
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 6:48 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.