just a funny thing, software only

strange piano timing was ment to be 'Satie' like..,ahum,

hope he never hears that..:P

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 14th, 2006 · 04:19 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I thought it started out great, very atmospheric synth sound there.. and the piano sounded good too.

But then, at 1:16, when the drums and guitar arrangement begins, it all sounds a little loose, a bit incohesive. There's some nice ideas in there, but all a bit too loose maybe. Maybe this is more like two tunes... The synth / piano thing, which could really go somewhere... perhaps with dreamy vox over them (David Sylvian like... ??) and the funky pop rock thing... which is a NOODLE! OFCOURSE... how could I forget... you're a noodle knight! Sir Dabblealot.. how could I forget!

cheers mate!
#3May 16th, 2006 · 01:04 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
9 posts
United Kingdom
T he a section was nice it it began unusually and so i found that i was interested find out what gonna happen next, then the piano comes in, nice chords but i feel you could have applied a more interesting rhythm. the guitar sound quite incoherent to me and the timing it pretty bizzar i don't think the synth go's that well with the classical guitar. i also think that there was too much of a juxtaposition between the 'A' and the 'B' sections however i feel it could work it there was a more gradual change.
    i certainly has character but there is a rather large amount of dissonance towards the end. the drums are a smidgen loud and over powering.

apart form that it was great

keep up the good work.
#4May 16th, 2006 · 02:14 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
30 posts
United States of America
Take Six
made me feel a bit schizophrenic at times but I think the dissonance could actually work if things were just a tad tighter and the instruments had an edgier, more alternative sound to them. of course every musician has to pursue the song in his own head. i liked it. d.
#5May 16th, 2006 · 07:37 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
this is why i kept my introduction short (for a change ) I hoped for this honest critical response to a very strange (and not finished) tune (so tnx all!)

it was ment to be strange and experimental in construction, but ofcourse the (midi)spanish guitar is noodlish, or in this case, just got stuck there for the moment, and the synths very roughly sketched

but theres a glimp of what i mean glowing through i understand, which is stimulating, so i'll work on all that

but i must say i like Puppet's ideas too, so we'll see where this ends...

tnx again!
#6May 16th, 2006 · 11:59 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Noodleishous..... the intro and noodling are two different songs, and teh arrangement make it clear that they do not go together. A different structure could change that, though. details would take more thought on my part....so i let you decide.....or just ignore it......i wont be offended
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 1:46 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.