1 2

#1May 13th, 2006 · 06:10 PM
29 threads / 21 songs
75 posts
United Kingdom
What Happened (new)

This song is not in a battle

This is a new recording of the song what happened that i recorded with a friend for her music tech course - she did all the mixing ... i jus played

enjoy

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 13th, 2006 · 10:14 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Great song!

sounds very professional.

timing was off a bit in the beginning.. just a bit.. but the rest of the song sounded great.

awesome melodies. perfect.

congratulations, you have a future. 
#3May 14th, 2006 · 06:35 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Good playing, but the mixing needs some work!!!

In my opinion:
      Drums are too clean and they lack low end EQ; 
      Cymbals are too loud;
      Overall it lacks punch and drive.

This doesn't necessarily leave the right opinion, so I'll finish by saying that I think you're work is pretty damn excellent, and this is no exception.

Trouble is, the closer you get to perfection, the more people start to listen to things other than the actual music!

#4May 15th, 2006 · 12:05 AM
12 threads / 7 songs
46 posts
United States of America
Better than what I've done maybe :)
Sounds great.  Keep up the good work.
#5May 16th, 2006 · 08:50 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
soulful vocals harmonies great excellent crafted song well played .Guitar solo sweet.
great going.
#6May 17th, 2006 · 07:17 AM
50 threads / 43 songs
130 posts
Netherlands
Hey!

I like this song, the overall mix isn't bad at all.
However, here some comments I hope they are usefull:

The guitar is nicely recorded. But..
the guitar sometimes sounds a bit metallic/shark through the way it is strummed. You could solve this by EQ'ing (reducing) in the 3 - 6 kHz range.

The drums miss some "body/fullness" in their sounds and the bass-guitar sometimes gets a bit drowned in the total picture.

There are some nice double voice pieces in this song.
Nevertheless I think the main voice is a bit too on top of the music. Adding some reverb (or more reverb but I couldn't here any reverb effect on the voice I must admit) would already make a big difference here.

I think you can make a much more open mix with some EQ'ing. The trick here is not to add frequenties but just to get ride of all unnecessary (totally reduce them) and "distorting" ones (reduce them just a little bit, like 2 dB).
#7May 17th, 2006 · 02:40 PM
29 threads / 21 songs
75 posts
United Kingdom
yeah... well i wasnt too impressed with the mix much either - but its rare that i get a recording of my music with drums and stuff on it. plus it was all majorly rushed coz my mate had a deadline and not much time in the studio

:-/
#8May 17th, 2006 · 04:24 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Playing is good. The guitars work fine, same the vocals. A great great great solo guitar. Hats off!

Going with Wisdom when he said there is no reverb on the voice. For me its a bit too dry. The drums are played well but sometimes mixed too fat eg. the snaredrum. I hear many rooms in which the instruments being played, they are not in the same room, in the same stream. To get this experience needs a lot of work and I wish you good luck with this.

But....!!!  the song didnt loose the former character and I think thats the reason why I like it anymore.

Take care
#9May 20th, 2006 · 07:58 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
in the studio
I listen to a song, just for the song first. This is a great song. The layout of the verses and the chorus are very good.  I would love to set you down in our friends studio because the only complaint I have about this is not about the music or vocals it's just studio stuff.
I have to give this a high vote just because I think it's a great song. It could be on billboards  top 100 easy. if it was done with an engineer with more experiance. tell your friend she's doing  a pretty good job.She just need more time. It's like any thing else in life ; you wanna be good you gotta practice.
#10May 20th, 2006 · 09:43 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
you have a lot of good songs thats probably the reason your so good
song writing gets better with the more you write.
I really think you have what it takes. Don't know if you got with devo or not
but I won't be suprised if I don't see you on the charts before to long
#11October 22nd, 2006 · 08:01 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Oh, its coming up again.....

The only thing I can say is:  I would love to see you on TV with this song
#12October 24th, 2006 · 04:53 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
wow.....i agree with triton....real good!
#13December 15th, 2006 · 08:53 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
8 posts
France
The song is interesting with a nice acoustic guitar and vocals. The only point is I don't like the drums that much, especially the snare which sounds too dry to me. I would have imagined something softer, I don't know it's hard to explain a sound with words
#14December 15th, 2006 · 01:29 PM
6 threads / 5 songs
29 posts
Denmark
Year!
Some work and it's done ! great job, need more depth ,and maby your vocals needs to be going up and not low in some please, nice lyrics work on it !
#15December 15th, 2006 · 02:26 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
Agreed that the mixing needs some polishing.
To me the snare should be sharper, the bass should have more presence,
The vocals are sometimes a bit too loud.
The drums are off tempo in the begining.

But those are only "technical" issues that can be easily corrected, what matters is that you made a fantastic song.
Good vocals. Nice 
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 4:09 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.