1 2

#1May 8th, 2006 · 01:21 PM
16 threads / 15 songs
108 posts
Bulgaria
Summer Days
Score: 72.3%
Battle: 2006-05

It's my first intrumental recorded with CuBase.I think it sounds good.But I let you to decite about drums,acoustic guitars,bass guitar,piano and solo guitar how good they are.Thanks friends!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 8th, 2006 · 01:47 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yes well it's definately a good quality... though the midi parts are a bit repetitive, there is a nice feel to this ditty. and the midi instruments don't sound too bad, they should only serve as backing instrumentals to a bunch of real ones or else it all starts to sounds so "plastic". but the construction is nice, and for a first cubase recording it's pretty okay.
#3May 8th, 2006 · 01:49 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
14 posts

Cubase works!
Well done, dude. You got some interesting ideas, so bad they sound a lil' too sissy to me. Seems like you deal well with audio software and almost everything sounds pretty good, except the main instrument - the guitar: recorded lame and absolutely not fitting to the whole instrumental, but still with the same sissy motives. In my opinion you need to work on something serious and cut some of the guitar sound (why not all of it).
#4May 8th, 2006 · 04:32 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Age of Empires theme
Medieval motives are always wellcome for me... nice instrumentation and arrangements

... It's just that it sounds very... midi.   Overall, a enjoyable demo for a future "all real" recording.

I did like the guitar work, btw.
#5May 9th, 2006 · 01:49 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
very happy sound... unrealistically joyful, which i guess can reveal some metaphorical value with the instruments sounding so "midi" and "fake".

I like it, it got much better when the distortion guitar came in, you must be quite a wizz with that program ... considering you built a very joyful and gay song.

Good effort
#6May 9th, 2006 · 11:04 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
14 posts

gsm?
yeah, i could convert that one to midi with no sound changes and loss at all, and send it to my gf. she really likes that backstreet boys tune.
also will send it to my grandma who likes medieval music.
i wonder if Cool Edit Pro can filter the instrumental and remove the guitar
#7May 9th, 2006 · 11:44 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
This is really cool. I'd love to hear it with real instruments, instead of midi... The guitar made a nice contrast.

Good song. You've got some nice ideas.
#8May 9th, 2006 · 11:45 AM
16 threads / 15 songs
108 posts
Bulgaria
Warning!
If someone deside that my intrumental is too 'plastic' or it's gay song,plaese GO HERE AND CHECK OuT MY DARK SIDE....great vocals by MichaelDivine..;)

http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/2382.html or

http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/2386.html#id22598

Take this shiT!
#9May 9th, 2006 · 11:58 AM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
this piece is so plastic, good armonies but in general artificial. maybe the repetitive sound makes a feel of boring song. You dark side in the Michael's song is artificial too.

try to play the instrument, or make a collaboration project.

well done but this is not my best
#10May 10th, 2006 · 01:44 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
i meant gay as in happy, didn't you notice all the other parts of my comment i am saying how this song has a unreleastically happy feeling... i didn't insult you or your song, i said it was good and i liked it, no i am not homosexual and when i said gay i didn't mean homosexual... ill consider rewording next time
#11May 12th, 2006 · 05:38 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
THis song is like sooo umm...  well....

hmmm.....  it's like ......

it sounds like a song from my commodore 64 game homo pirate adventure...

I really enjoyed the lesbian overtones on the main instrument...  Very nice.....

THe necropheliac feeling I got from the dark side stuff is interesting as well.. thanks for sharing....

The preceeding message was a spoof.. a joke.. nothing more, no offense meant..

Jim "Da noodle king" K  
#12May 12th, 2006 · 05:54 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
It's my first intrumental recorded
well done..................getting a handle on cubase.................its a huge mother.............i appreciate everything done on this trak

and everything done well

enjoy the animal that is cubase   8

splash the fish
#13May 13th, 2006 · 04:59 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Nice ideas in this one - I like the construction.
As others have said, this would be an excellent tune if it weren't quite so rigid and obviously midi - but hey, it's pretty damn good all the same.
Oh, and I like the sound you get on your guitar ....... not sissy at all, but it could do with being a little louder in the mix I think.
#14May 13th, 2006 · 08:18 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
40 posts
United Kingdom
I quite like it but why the title???? It doesnt sound alot like summer to me lol. But still it is really well done and well mixed. It does have a video game feel running through it, which im not so convinced about. Having said that its far better than anything ive done so far so i'll just quitley remove myslef now.
#15May 17th, 2006 · 01:30 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
12 posts
Turkey
it's good as an instrumental song. but the midi instruments are so boring. it can be a good song if played with real instruments.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 3:10 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.