#1May 8th, 2006 · 12:16 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
96 posts
Canada
Two and Three

This song is not in a battle

same deal as "Habitat":

What kind of music would you say this is?
Who does it remind you of?

and yes, I do know it falls apart and doesn't really have a clean ending... again, so far it's just a sketch

figured the BandAmp community, if anyone, would let me know where I stand.

tks!

BT

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 8th, 2006 · 01:59 PM
3 posts
United Kingdom
OK SONG
GOOD TRY AM A DJ MAN MA SELL BUT 
#3May 8th, 2006 · 01:59 PM
3 posts
United Kingdom
OK SONG
#4May 8th, 2006 · 01:59 PM
3 posts
United Kingdom
OK SONG
#5May 8th, 2006 · 02:01 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
96 posts
Canada
Ali G? s'at you?
what the hell did you just say?

you're a celibate? don't sell your butt. you need it for sitting.
#6May 8th, 2006 · 02:32 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
This is music from the past!  It reminds me of a band called Karma, who were sort of funk/jazz-ish.  Very good interesting sounds that get a bit much when you listen to the whole album (the one I have is called "Celebration")

Basically though, I think you've got a a pretty nice bit of music.  A few mixing issues that don't spoil the listening experience - lovely sounding trumpet especially - very well played with loads of feeling.

Finish it - it's good
#7May 8th, 2006 · 05:01 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
ok I like the jazz blues thing... but I don't like the drum beat. it's too loud and too dry... maybe put some effects to it, and head toward the typical lounge? anyway, rest of the instrumentals, feel & construction AOK... job well done
#8May 9th, 2006 · 11:42 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Nice!

This would have made my day.. if not for the drums. They didn't really fit (IMO). I kept wanting to hear a nice gentle ride cymbol, kind of keeping things moving.

The trumpet sounded very nice, and I liked the electric piano. maybe some jazz bass...?

nice song.
#9May 11th, 2006 · 12:46 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
96 posts
Canada
HEY...

is anyone listening to this just on their PC speaker? I tried this at work and suddenly realized there's no KEYS in it when you do that! Guess the keys are panned to the left and a PC speaker is only one channel...

?

there's supposed to be a pretty harmonic line under everything!

woo. that might make a difference to some people's listening experience!
#10May 13th, 2006 · 10:13 AM
4 threads / 1 songs
16 posts
Canada
"smooth jazz" is a general enough term.  I agree with others that would prefer a real drum, simply for the emotional communication it imparts.  You blow a great horn though, I love your subtle touch.  The 'two and three' piano part reminds me of waves of different intensity coming to shore.
#11May 17th, 2006 · 10:16 AM
8 threads / 7 songs
96 posts
Canada
"smooth jazz"? argh! like Kenny G or Marlan Wayans or something...? aack!

I was listening to this track again on a friend's stereo yesterday, and we decided the drums are decidedly Radiohead-influenced: think "Amnesiac"... and something in me has stopped hating drum sequencing as much as I once did.

But live we'll have both loops and a drummer.

BT
#12May 17th, 2006 · 10:25 AM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
I like this track.
Smooth Jazz is about as close as you're going to get I think.
As aposed to Puppet I like the drum beat. Thought there was something wrong with the upload at first but then realized that wasn't the case.
Don't know though, maybe it needs softening a bit. Leave it out of the intro maybe so people don't realize it so much and therefore actually apreciaate the song instead of just thinking,"That drum beats getting anoying".
Really though, I like this. The sort of music I love but never got into as a kid so don't know any band names.
Anyway, bout a 60% me thinks. It needs lengthening and some small adustments then I'll wack it up to an 80%,
KI
#13May 17th, 2006 · 10:59 AM
4 threads / 1 songs
16 posts
Canada
Sorry, I'm a geologist.  Geologists call clay with vugs in it "vuggy clay".  I suppose you could call it electro-acoustic jazz, but that would lump you in with a whole new cast of characters.  The best definition of Jazz I have heard is  "it is improvised;  it swings."  As long as your drums are not improvised, you lose some of the power of jazz: it is "smoothed" if you will.
#14May 17th, 2006 · 11:09 AM
8 threads / 7 songs
96 posts
Canada
ah. okay. fair enough. and my next tune will, of course, be called, Vuggy Clay. Or perhaps Cluggy Vay. and yes, I think maybe this isn't even really jazz anymore... not much improv happening, after all.

Moses, I'm curious what you mean by you "thought there was something wrong with the upload..."? you mean the drums at the beginning sound oddly stunted? cause I tried to make it purposely ambiguous at the outset so it's really solid by contrast when everything comes together...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 6:16 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.