#1May 2nd, 2006 · 12:46 AM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
Apologize

This song is not in a battle

Hi all,
Thought I'd put one of my "love songs" on bandamp. Enjoy!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 2nd, 2006 · 01:37 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
Your band is so good.... so talented

You wrote this song very well, really like the lyrics and nice drum beat.

The chorus is really cool, especially because your voice is very good and USED very good in the chorus specifically
Clear recording and very beautiful sound...

I would have done the end differently.... the least i would do is stretch it out a bit more because i really liked this song and didn't want it to end THAT QUICKLY ... i know you faded it out but you could have easily sneaked in 2 or 3 more "why am i still trying's" in there and got no complaints (from me atleast).

Awesome work, awesome song, awesome band
#3May 2nd, 2006 · 05:56 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
Chill wrote…
Your band is so good.... so talented

You wrote this song very well, really like the lyrics and nice drum beat.

The chorus is really cool, especially because your voice is very good and USED very good in the chorus specifically
Clear recording and very beautiful sound...

I would have done the end differently.... the least i would do is stretch it out a bit more because i really liked this song and didn't want it to end THAT QUICKLY ... i know you faded it out but you could have easily sneaked in 2 or 3 more "why am i still trying's" in there and got no complaints (from me atleast).

Awesome work, awesome song, awesome band

Thanks Chill, good advice, I think it could go for a bit longer too, consider this version a radio edit! When my album is released it will have the extended version for sure.

http://www.thelibrans.com
#4May 3rd, 2006 · 08:19 AM
hey,
I really, really like the chorus!!!
the part "and why am i still trying" is so beautiful! The voices sound amazing together, so light, so easy. The guitar tune seems to be like a last sighing. Oh and I love the way how you "slide" into the apologize. Great!!!
#5May 3rd, 2006 · 11:50 AM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
HeadphoneSilence wrote…
hey,
I really, really like the chorus!!!
the part "and why am i still trying" is so beautiful! The voices sound amazing together, so light, so easy. The guitar tune seems to be like a last sighing. Oh and I love the way how you "slide" into the apologize. Great!!!

Thank you! I am glad you like this song.
#6May 3rd, 2006 · 01:44 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yes, a beautiful song indeed. a great sounding mix, and the vocal harmonies which are distinctively your style, are great too.

the sound, composition and entire feel of your songs keep giving me that same The Cure experience, which is probably one of the bigger compliments I can give....

so, keep doing your thing, it sounds great in my ears!

good luck!
#7May 15th, 2006 · 02:01 PM
21 threads / 21 songs
72 posts
Germany
It's always the same
...and I don't mean that in any negative way.
I probably can't write something that could help you to improve, because I simply can't think of the slightest thing anyone else or I could to better.
So I hope it's OK. I just wanted to let you know that's a beautiful piece of work again
#8May 15th, 2006 · 04:21 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
I liked this song, it has very sweet medolic and hypnotic thing goin'on.  I think I might've liked to hear something different in the middle, just to give the ear something different to listen to.  Overall it's very good, the vocals, lyrics, all mesh well.
#9May 15th, 2006 · 07:50 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
Let it explode in the middle,..i perhaps don't understand this.
But anyway good luck to you all.
#10May 15th, 2006 · 07:59 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Very cool great groove,chorus is a definite winner.
Lovely texture in backing sensitve lyrics sung well,I don't know as formyself I didn't feel the need for explosion in the middle,comes down to personal taste I really like this song for what it is.excellent work
#11May 15th, 2006 · 09:05 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
blakhatz wrote…
Very cool great groove,chorus is a definite winner.
Lovely texture in backing sensitve lyrics sung well,I don't know as formyself I didn't feel the need for explosion in the middle,comes down to personal taste I really like this song for what it is.excellent work :D

Thanks, I think exploding in this song would probably not go well too. But the feedback from all at bandamp has been constructive.  Thanks blakhatz, and all.
#12May 17th, 2006 · 11:51 AM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
Tis what we're here for chap.
80% btw, and you made it to my playlist and when possible, to my computer.
KI
#13May 20th, 2006 · 09:13 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
17 posts
United States of America
Nice sound
Sound of the guitar is nice, crisp and clear.
Voice is also good, clear.

A melodic instrument would have supported a bit the feeling of the song.
The mixing is fine. Nice to hear.

Keep on composing!
#14May 20th, 2006 · 04:41 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
very good song.  like the vocals good mix .
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 3:45 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.