This song is not in a battle

actual title : Teardrops and Bloodshed

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 28th, 2006 · 09:38 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
5 posts
United States of America
please give input.
truthful input is what i am here for. please be honest.
#3April 28th, 2006 · 11:05 PM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
are all instruments played by you?

I really liked the first 3min and it was nice, maybe a bit too lengthy but definitely nice.

Normally id say no to the cheesy "storm and weather" effects but they really did work this time around so i can say well done.

The strings were good, not the best sounding but still good and well played.

The 3min metal thing i didn't like, it seems every guitarist always gives in to his "metal" obsession and has to chuck it in there and truthfully to me that was the down point of the whole song.

Tight playing all around but it's missing a lot of things.... you layered many sounds and instruments on top and it sounds mad but it's just not "moving" even the metal parts (which i didnt like) besides me not liking it, i looked at it compared to the rest of the song and it really didn't "move" me like it was intended to i believe. I think you were going for the... nice melodic clean guitar lengthy layered then just go sick with fast metal guitar but the "sick with fast metal guitar" bit didnt really impact enough as i felt you wanted it to.

It's a good song thats well played, add vocals, that would really give this song a big boost. I don't know if you have heard Izsil's songs.... he has a few SIMILAR to this, not SIMILAR similar.... but as in i think you two can learn some things off eachother andi felt with this song you were going for what he is going in some of his songs... anyway it doesnt hurt to check out his songs cos i would recommend it.

Back to your song, overall its good, i told you honestly what i thought were the "flaws" but you still played it very well, very tight, and if you played every instrument then thats really something! 70%
#4April 28th, 2006 · 11:12 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
5 posts
United States of America
thanks!
i certainly do play it all. everything by me. i'll take some of this into consideration for this, and future, releases. thanks again!
#5April 29th, 2006 · 07:35 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
i like the idea, think the first part could use some more ambience, and/or spice up the guitarsound(reverb,chorus,delay,eq)
some vocal thing could be nice too i believe

the bass in the metal part is a bit too booming to me, but i do like the metal being there!
(obviously i'm a guitarist too Chill )

drumprogramming is great i think! sound could be better though, especially the base and snare

love the piano part!

80 from me
#6May 2nd, 2006 · 10:04 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Listening and typing at the same time - I like the (ok not original) weather bound stormy start!  It sets the mood quite nicely.
The recording quality is excellent - but I agree that some post-production work would help with some of the instruments (especially the initial acoustic guitar), as the whole thing is lacking the "ambiance" that Max talks about.
Good move into the metal-like break, I like the effects you use.
The piano coming is a really nice touch - I would have liked to have heard it through to the end once it was introduced (I know you sort of do during the manic parts, but not enough for me).
Overall this is a decent sounding track with everything played extremely well, and recorded well too.
And finally - to me this is a piece of music crying out for vocals.  I think a decently sung vocal line (sort of Dream Theater-ish) would really add to the song and bring the parts together.
#7May 18th, 2006 · 12:21 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
35 posts
Sweden
very nice song! I like this song in the first 2.50 minutes.. but when this fast beat goes on I actually think that it don't fits in at all.. you had a calm and soft maybe scary style in the song but then it just.. explodes.. think you're very good playing all those instruments though! keep up the work
#8May 18th, 2006 · 07:41 PM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
I think the main problem with the heavier section is that it just doesn't seem to work well. I say this because;
computer drums never work well with metal in my opinion, u need real drums but we all overlook that as it's difficult to find a drummer.
I couldn't here the guitar shredding (if there was any,) it was too quiet. All I could here was that computer generated drumming.
i needs to be slightly louder than the more melodic parts. Personally I think that would give it more of a hit when it kicks in.
bout a 50% I reckon,
KI
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 6:40 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.