#1April 28th, 2006 · 01:24 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Blanket Man

This song is not in a battle

Actually my very first 'song'('93/'94),  4 track minidisc recording of a rehearsal, without vocalist yet, so i did vocals and additional guitars at home, with a lot of ping-pongin ofcourse

it's about a homeless psychiatric guy(with a blanket ofcourse:P), i did see him walkin a lot too

to me it is a kind of 'innocent rock' song, wonder how it will be recieved for the song itself, not especially for the mixing issues

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 28th, 2006 · 01:37 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
I really like your style Max, it's classic!

about the lyrics and the speakin I can't help you, my mother tongue is spanish, but sounds good.
#3May 1st, 2006 · 10:15 PM
16 threads / 13 songs
43 posts
Canada
I'm diggin it man. Its got some really cool dynamics to it and a really unique sounding style. Vocals sound pretty good too. Solo is nice aswell. Its cool that you rehashed your first tune from back in the day.

Anyway nice job man.
#4May 4th, 2006 · 11:33 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Cool!

Nice classic rock song. I love the guitar work through the verses.

Sounded like the vocals were a bit off during the first chorus, but it may have just been me.

I think this is my favorite song of yours.
#5May 5th, 2006 · 06:30 AM
this is amazin dude the solo is short but awesome, the vocals aint bad tbh, like the style
#6May 8th, 2006 · 02:54 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
14 posts

i like that classic sound, especially the drums (that oldschool hihat & snare)
#7July 27th, 2006 · 10:14 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
Wow. I too like the oldschool garage-kinda feeling about the recording acoustics and staccato style you have going with the beat. Very cool!
#8July 28th, 2006 · 12:01 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I missed this one!
How could I have missed this one?

Its really great to hear that raw production, still pretty decent though, and it's even better in comparison to the later day U-tow stuff. you can hear where all of this headed, eventually.

construction wise I'm definately hearing the 70's resounding, but also late 60's pop rock... it's got some melancholy emitting from it... or maybe that's the audio quality doing that.

anyway, well nice tune this is! too bad that the panned-right guitar is a bit dominant (too loud), but it doesn't surpress the other instruments (because it's panned).

okay.. very nice!
#9July 28th, 2006 · 04:59 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
i played a few years in a 60/70's band just before i started Undertow, so i guess theres the influence, of course its my age too

anyway, great to hear you got some melancholy from it px!

and you all being so positive makes me melancholy too

i really wish i could review you all back, but i just cant at the moment..sorry for that

tnx guys!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 10:09 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.