it was you remade/..

This song is not in a battle

new drums and all ...still have all tracs so can adjust

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 24th, 2006 · 03:00 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
well, the instrumentals have improved. and it's a great solo there, .... the quieter drums work better for this song, most definately.

I really like this song. The original was one of the first I heard from you, and I was very impressed.

I can only give you some suggestions on the mixing: first of all, your voice could be put more to the front, and then you could try some stereo spread on the instruments, since this seems to be an all-mono mix. Also, I'm hearing some clipping here and there - caused by mixdown volume too high, probably...

The mixdown itself could definately use some mastering tools: multiband compression and equalization, and stereo expander, something like that.

Anyway, as for the song, it's really very good, afaik an original concept with great lyrics and well constructed and performed, all praise for that. It's well deserving of a crisp mix, and without kidding to me this is a BandAmp classic... don't know what else to say for now...

good luck!
#3April 24th, 2006 · 04:44 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
First of all....I LOVE this song (probably my favorite on the site). However, if you wanna know my opinion, I actually preferred the first version (nearly every aspect of it) - I think you're singing is better on the first...more of a mellow, soulful sound. Also. I find the echoed "you's" a bit distracting. Also, I think the mix is better as well  on the first one (IMO, the somewhat "muted" quality actually works better for this song). Additionally, I believe the rhythm guitar flows better on the first and the bass line is more interwoven with the rhythm guitar on the first. Also. believe it or not, I actually miss the "manic bongo" sound leading to the break (I found it interesting and dramatic). So between the two, my vote goes for the first version. But still a GREAT song (I walk around singing it to myself all the time).
#4April 24th, 2006 · 11:21 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I must agree that the vocals seem more soulful and smooth on the original, I like the echos though...  The guitar flows very smooth on the original, and sounds real good... this one sounds awesome, but the vocals are rougher.. not as soft... and smooth.... but I think a happy mix of the two would be good... REALLY love this solo.... man...  You are a blues god...  

I bow humbly... 

Jim "Da Noodle King" K   
#5April 25th, 2006 · 03:05 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: it was you remade/..
clean start.................clean vocs...........
nice...........................1:43......still clean vocs
.....................is it gonna take off2:37..........not yet....................
3:00...............nothin yet......................good vocs...............3:33 lifted.......yeah................nice......................4:00........more vocs.................clean................lovely..............bit bored now................4:50.......................

live appraisal......................wouldve liked more solo..........but what the hell.............nice song..................
voted

splash

the fish
#6May 2nd, 2006 · 12:13 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Well, I like the song - but musically it's just too much like a Paul Weller track for me (I'll try and remember out which one, then add it to this post later).

Decent quality recording - sung and played pretty well.

I know what Swordfish means about wanting something else, but even so - pretty good stuff.
#7May 2nd, 2006 · 01:39 PM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
thanks jim but i assure u this is a original tune ...i dont know of paul weller and maybe im missin something there ...dunno but thanks for the input
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 4:16 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.