#1April 21st, 2006 · 12:02 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
22 posts
United States of America
Untitled

This song is not in a battle

This is just a rough draft really.  I just wanted to put something out there to get everybody used the eccentricities of my music.  What you hear is not what you're going to get.  Sorry! 

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy it!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 21st, 2006 · 01:59 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Huh?  What do you mean by:
Thrasher wrote…
What you hear is not what you're going to get
Because I like what I hear - this is really well put together and recorded.  Ok, I can "feel" that it's not finished - but there's a promise of great things here.
I think the only thing I don't really like is the sound of the drums when they come in at 2:13 ish - they sound like they're played in a cardboard box!
Other than that - good sound; although I do prefer the more "gentle" parts!!
#3April 21st, 2006 · 06:29 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
does this mean it is or isn't your work? I am confused.... it sounds great... I agree with JiminUK aka Sir Riffsaplenty 

The first part is nice and soft, and great... the rest is hardcore, and while I kind of like it, it isn't my bag... but it is well done, and awesome work....

So, if unfinished, and not really what your doing, then why battle? just curious...

Jim "Da Noodle King" K
#4April 21st, 2006 · 08:19 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Opeth?
don't know why it reminds me to some opeth's song (can't remember the name).. that's a good thing of course 

Really like the piano solo at the end..

also liked the drums, not the sound but how are the patterns constructed.
#5April 21st, 2006 · 11:38 PM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
Ummm.... the beginning sounds about 90% identical to the song A Perfect Circle - The Noose, i think we might have a copyright issue here.... but other than that its good. It's pretty good how it gets crazy after 2min except the drums sound awful like you are kicking the table and the floor to get the snare and the kick drum..... and the crazy part is completely different from the A Perfect Circle - The Noose beginning.... which is an absolutely awesome song (a perfect circles song im talking about). And then a whole different thing to finish the song? a piano part, this is really 3 songs, A perfect Circle, crazy hardcore part with awful drums, and sweet beautiful piano at the end.... its all well played but it doesnt fit.
#6April 22nd, 2006 · 02:42 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
The beginning sounds awesome.
I guess the change to the metal part is too abrupt. But that heavy part sound good, except for those awful drums; you must solve that sound problem. But the structure part of the metal section sound great. You have a good notion of making a metal song.
Liked the clean guitar break.
The end is pretty cool too, I must say. Lovely.
I wonder what did you use to record this song? Some MIDI sounds? All at home?

> Iszil "Sir Shredsalot"
#7April 24th, 2006 · 04:53 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
22 posts
United States of America
i know the drums are terrible...it's a machine, what can i say?  no machine matches the energy of a real drummer....

everything was played by me iszil.  piano-guitar-bass-synth....

and what i meant by "what you hear is not what you get" is that usually (being the eccentric writer that i am) if you like a part of the song i'll probably destroy that notion by coming in with something random as hell...

and though some big influences of mine have been mentioned (apc-opeth) i promise you, i don't break copyright laws.  to tell you the truth, i didn't even think about it being similar (which i realize now it has similarities) until you mentioned it.
#8April 25th, 2006 · 03:44 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Untitled
i love this kinda stuff...................

but not this one..................

dont know quite why....................aaah yes 2:15 ish................crap drifts in..........The quality of recording of the first bit doesnt compare with the thrash............bummer

your style does not work..........

and i dont care if u used samples......they just dont work together.

Glad to hear this is not what we will get.........assign it to nooodling please

fish

splash
#9April 26th, 2006 · 09:39 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
4 posts
Netherlands
The beginning of the song is very good, nice strange rithem also the feeling is very good, the end is a bit the opposit, feeling is gone, straight forward, not my style altough the basslsolo and the actual closing chorts are great.
#10April 26th, 2006 · 09:46 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
22 posts
United States of America
wow swordfish...if you could be less of a dick about not liking it that would be fantastic.
#11May 3rd, 2006 · 02:28 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
well it's pretty interesting, but it feels a bit incomplete without vocals / message

I like the guitar thrashing et al, although I find it unclear where it is trying to go or what it is aiming at.

so I hope to hear your real stuff up here, if this is not it.... well... it could be good.

. .
 . .  .

. . .

#12May 17th, 2006 · 11:34 AM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
I really really liked it up untill it got over the top heavy, cause without vocals it just doesn't seem to have enough structure, just seems to go no were. It was good though. I like the Thrashing (I'm guessing you do too...hence your name....and the music *raises one eyebrow*).
Is that drumming real or computer generated?
#13May 20th, 2006 · 12:23 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
122 posts
United States of America
I liked the first part......hmmmm I dunno what happened after that...

I think I fell off the chair or something........or hit the wrong key

I liked the ending...........  the middle part??  hmmm YUKKIE ...grin

but.... I think you have talent!

NT4M
#14May 20th, 2006 · 03:38 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I like the diffrent parts,  just the sound of the diffrent parts don't give the song
continuity. they don't feel like they're recorded with the same quality. oh well what do i know. just keep writing and don't pay to much attention to what's said.
#15May 20th, 2006 · 03:48 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
22 posts
Chile
sta wena pero fome
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 16th, 2024 · 1:33 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.