#1April 20th, 2006 · 01:05 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
8 posts
Mexico
EncontraBabelSpecus

This song is not in a battle

This song was composed by me and my band "The Java" (thejavamusic.com, myspace.com/thejava).

the vocals sounds kind of crappy but i will record it again some day.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 20th, 2006 · 08:06 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
a lot of low frequency in the mix, a bit drowning in reverb too, still i like the song a lot!
i do like this style!
good musicians, guitar drifts off now and then(?) but does amazing things too
mix can be  better though, especially the drums
very interesting though
#3April 20th, 2006 · 01:54 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Like it!
The mix sounds very dark and I know it's intended to give that feeling, but maybe some EQ would make it brighter in a sense that keeps the mysterious mood of the song...

Have to agree with Max about ocasional guitar drifts, and with you about re-recording the vocals. Other than that, really good work here.
#4April 22nd, 2006 · 12:13 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Yes to all the above, especially the bassy mix and the "drifting" guitar (which doesn't so much drift to my ears, but seems to go on a cruise through the scales!) but I have to say that this one has passion throughout. 
It's a great moody piece of music - I like it.

#5May 2nd, 2006 · 01:47 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
real mad!
really cool.... tonnes of bass, needs to be played loudly this song otherwise it really does sound like a blur.... you are really testing my subwoofer with this song but i like it!

really liked the mood of this song and the genre, one of a kind here on bandamp, NOONE else sounds anything like this on bandamp and i really like it, song really reminds me of "Janes Addiction - Three Days" which is a compliment to the say the least... i mean lets look at the similarity's ... both songs DO have lots of bass, both songs have that kind of stretched and drowned vocals and both songs have the ABSOLUTELY awesome long extended guitar solo's....

Now my critique is that style like this, the band MUST have two guitarists or ATLEAST add the rhythm guitar during the solo after you have recorded it because you can really hear it missing, especially at the beginning of the solo.

Apart from that, really really awesome, you got 90% from me and it could really easily be 100% if you add another guitar to play rhythm during the solo.

Also i could understand about 20% of what the vocals were saying which isn't too good.... but i do like the singers voice, it's very good for this style... exploit it! make it louder, the effects on it are fine but lets make it louder and the only reason i could see you saying the vocals are "crappy" is because they just aren't loud enough... other than that they are actually very good.

Oh and that guitarist has some serious skill..... Dave Navarro watch out!

PS: please end with a crash at the end... especially considering the length of this song, you kind of "throw away" the last chord with no bang....awesome song though

#6May 2nd, 2006 · 06:39 AM
2 threads / 1 songs
7 posts
India
nice music in the beginning
but around the 6th minute, few of the notes sound off the scale
I think that you need to improve the vocals [ they need to be in tune with the chords]
#7May 3rd, 2006 · 01:54 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
pretty dark overall sound, because of the mention bassiness, but still the mix seems to work just fine

the mp3 conversion quality isn't too great though, this is definately taking away from the listening experience, but I will disregard that for the rating I'm giving.

.... as I listen...

the bassiness keeps giving this hypnotic droning experience, ...

the solo is amphetamanic..

so are the sounds... is that some kind of synth in the background, or another guitar?

I really dig this style... makes me think of summer '96... playing smoky bars and dodgy clubs for shady people and darkly girls.... that's a compliment

cheers, good luck!
#8May 3rd, 2006 · 10:35 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
8 posts
Mexico
thanks for the votes and comments
thanks for the votes and opinions

yea the mix has a lot of bass because i use an auto eq program and put some compression on the bass, you really need a hifi amp to hear everything.
haha yea it will take your subwoofer to test, i should sell this as a bass tester for car tuners  jajaja.

i probably should eq to some standard to hear everything well without a $5,000.00 equipment. jaja.

the voice is crappy because it was one of my first voice records and i didn't know how to do it. well i guess now I'm better recording voice but i didn't have recorded the new version.

the guitar solo has some mistakes but I'm too lazy to fix them, maybe some day because in fact at some point of the solo starts to get you bored and i wan to fix that.

well thanks for the voting and the opinions.

#9May 8th, 2006 · 12:50 PM
17 posts
United States of America
Love It!
Nuff Said, but I'm gonna go on anyways....

I personally don't hear the bass distortion mentioned by others, but I'm also listening w/ headphones at a reasonable level...

I love the deep, dark, almost cross between rock and gothic feel to this song. I love the wailing guitar solos - like Carlos Santana in slo mo...
#10May 22nd, 2006 · 08:07 AM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
has simerlarities to one of my songs. One I'm hping to post soon. Alot darker though. I like this bassy sort of mix. It's a good sound and works well with this composition.
I'm not getting that bass distortion that others were talking about through my speakers. I'm playing it at a healthy level:D
I like the bass of this mix. It works well with the dark composition. Some of the guitar work ges a bit  sketchy at times but all in all it's pretty good.
About an 80& me thinks,
KI
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 12:25 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.