Lyrics by Monika Kahle 2006

When you mean nothing is more
going right.
Give not up the hope.
It will come back the light.

Back to you, give you a flame
take you with in the sunshine game.
Sometimes we loose the colours of life.
Take the light. Be the winner, give me five!

Look to the future.
Be hopeful and start your new life.
It will come a light, a light for you.
Take the flame, be the winner of this game.

When you mean nothing is more
going right.
Be the hero, go in this fight.
Give never up the hope.
Be the winner and love the light.

It will come the light, a light back to you.
Take the flame, be the winner of this game.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 19th, 2006 · 07:19 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
The MP3 doesn't work....  try re-uploading it... it wont play in the player...

YOur other one worked, so I will assume this one is the right format and compression.. but you may check it to be sure....

Jim "Da Noodle King" K
#3April 19th, 2006 · 11:43 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
give not up the hope
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
The MP3 doesn't work....  try re-uploading it... it wont play in the player...

YOur other one worked, so I will assume this one is the right format and compression.. but you may check it to be sure....

Jim "Da Noodle King" K

I don't know Jim, it works over here...

which means, playing it in The Amp seems to work alright...

As for tune.. welllll....... I guess it has it's charm, this relentless enthusiasm, but I find the entire listening experience a bit... weird... the quality of the production is reasonable, but the bass, guitars and drums could use lots more definition, though for backing up the vocals they seem to work OK.

There's some ... dubious grammar in the lyrics... the weird "repeat & fade".... especially when playing in a loop and it starts over again, and the hold-back at 2:40 is something incompatible to my personal aesthetic, um, "a matter of taste" perhaps...

so, lots of oddball production decisions I think, but gotta give you some for enthusiasm, and to be honest the song isn't half bad. best thing about this track are the backing vox.

ok.. that for my "critique"...

good luck y'all
#4April 20th, 2006 · 01:42 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
more positive than negative, the song is pretty average, you can hear the enthusiasm in the voice but the rest of the band is barely backing it up, especially considering how loud the voice is compared to the rest. Still well played on guitar and the rest of the band. But i mean its sang well, i cant say your vocals are bad, there not, they are good just that there not special enough to be dominating the whole song, so the song isnt a hit, its not awesome... it's a good song but maybe not the song you put in the battle because impretty sure you guys have better songs, like i said you guys play it good and sing it good just the song itself... you have squeezed everything you can out of it and that is not very much.... i dont know ill have to say its not bad 60%
#5April 21st, 2006 · 06:33 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Neat song....

I like the lyrics... SO, what exactly is the relationship between you and the band? I mean do you actually just send them in the mail, and they send you a recording? Is this a professional band? I am confused a bit by it... I checked out the website, but I couldn't quite figure him out....

Anyway, I like the lyrics... I get a kick out of the whole vibe of this one....

Well, Let me know....

Jim "Da Noodle King" K
#6April 22nd, 2006 · 08:42 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
The main thing I thought when I listened to this is that it just feels flat....... yup the singing and playing are ok, and the song construction's ok - but it just leaves me cold for some reason.
Perhaps it' the mix, as Chill sort of says.  Don't know, it just doesn't do it for me!
#7April 22nd, 2006 · 09:20 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
Finland
Be The Winner replies - THANKS !!!
Thanks to all here for the replies.
I started some month ago to write some lyrics.
I have really good contact to some bands in whole europe. I was working with my agency for Pop-and Rockgroups, but I like it more to concentrate for 3 or 4 bands only.
So also I like it to work for Micha Mueller. We know us personally, he has a powerful voice and he is a professional musican.
The song "Be The Winner" came out my thoughts for two different reasons.
First, I changed my life totally, second my mother had cancer and was fighting so many years and hopeful so long long time till the end in November 2004. Also I´m working with on a charity project at Germany, the first CD Vol.1 is ready and we are working on Vol. 2 already.
I´ve got so many thoughts in my head about the life and also so much power to make the begin for changing all totally. I moved from Germany for permantly to Finland.
I like the powerful voice from Micha Mueller and I hope we can work together successful in the future.
Also our second song " Happy Birthday" is a special song for the 60th birthday for Dave Hill the guitarist of SLADE ( UK). I`m ,with my boyfriend, huge Sladefans and we know the band personally.
We gave also the CD with this special song to Dave Hill and we hope he will like it ! :-)
Noddy Holder, the singer of Slade ( original till 1991 ) had also so a powerful and loud voice, so was it for me wunderful to give Micha Mueller my lyrics for this song.
He produced, for me, a really good song, and also "Be The Winner" is a very good song !
Of course the opinions  are different, and this is also good so.
So thanks to all for the replies here and keep all on your good work and keep on rockin`
Monika
WWW.POPROCKNEWS.COM

"Be The Winner" and " Happy Birthday" for Dave Hill, both songs you can listen this evening at the internet- radio- station :   http://www.bhjms-radio.de/
 20-22 hour CET.
It`s a German radio station.

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 29th, 2024 · 11:43 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.