1 2

#1April 12th, 2006 · 06:57 AM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Evergreen (LIVE)

This song is not in a battle

Thought some of you might be interested in this. This is from a recent gig with a couple of my friends playing along to some of my tracks.

It's not a particularly good recording because we only had two inputs so both the guitars are one track and all the vocals are one track. It also starts off a bit shaky, pitchy. But it gets really good I think.

Thoughts/comments much appreciated!

- Chester

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 12th, 2006 · 11:46 AM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
It sounds like it was a pretty good gig, and I would like to have been there wittnessing the performance. There are a couple of dodgy moments, eg singing out of tune, but this is  specific to a gig situation so I don't mind that at all. It's got a nice feeling to it, and you can sense the audience were listening very carefully and appreciating what they were hearing.
It made me think... I should be doing some gigs as well, but I am not. I should be playing with a band out there, but I am not. Well, I guess you can consider yourself lucky in this respect. I like the female voice, very sexy.

I'll give it a high rating. And I'd love to see a video of this one.

Jim
#3April 12th, 2006 · 11:54 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
very intimate sensation. you'd almost forget this is a live recording.

indeed, the female voice is sexy, but then there's some out of tune harmonies too. playing isn't too tight either.. but these are the few things reminding of the fact that this is indeed played live. so I guess I agree with everything JBP just said.

and I agree with the audience too...

so, good luck to you.
#4April 12th, 2006 · 02:05 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
I love live performance. It is so natural even the out of tune voices. Unplugged. Guitars create a wonderful mood and the audience reaction reflects this. good work.
#5April 12th, 2006 · 05:07 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Cool.
Loved that girl voice. They were a bit out-of-tune a couple of time, though, but anyway the songs sounded awesome.
The guitars also sounds great.
I'd love to gig with you some day... I know it's impossible, but that would be cool.

> Iszil
#6April 12th, 2006 · 05:21 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
49 posts
United Kingdom
really good live performance, I think the backing vocals were mostly improvised which could explain them being off in a few places, really good though, good quality live sound.
#7April 12th, 2006 · 07:45 PM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Yeah I know, there's one out of tune guitar bit right at the start and then one terrible out of tune vocal bit in the first chorus.

I actually like the organic feel of the guitars, they were totally improvised.

But I HATE that out of tune note at the start. I wish they'd gotten the first chorus like they did the second!

The worst part of the whole song is THANKS HEAPS! hahahaha, I sound like such an idiot. I'd just said thank you so many times during the night I needed a variation :P

- Chester
#8April 12th, 2006 · 09:11 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
Yeah very good and overall exiting developments,...only minority report would be to say that this is to good??   i dont know what to say anymore:very good indeed! and good luck to ya
#9April 12th, 2006 · 10:51 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
49 posts
United Kingdom
Chester are you originally from new zealand? I swear I hear two american accents on "count the ways" and obviously "heaps" is a very australian/nz word, and the girl or two in this are obviously nz too.
#10April 12th, 2006 · 11:25 PM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Haha, yeah. I'm a New Zealander

- Chester
#11April 12th, 2006 · 11:30 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Cool....

I miss the days of gigs... Playin 2-3 sets on a saturday night.. getting drunk, spending more on booze than you get payed for the show... then luggin all the equipment back out into the van, and back home to sleep for an hour before work... sigh... what great memories...  

seriously, dude... sounds great... 

And I really do miss it... Would love to come check out a show sometime... Who knows, maybe you'll be in the ol'e USA, or I'll be down under.. never know..

Later Chester...
                     Ukulele JimK
#12April 14th, 2006 · 01:48 AM
2 threads
28 posts
New Zealand
yo don't diss the recording biatch. much love, mark. it think it sounds awesome for a live gig. great song, too.
#13April 14th, 2006 · 03:50 AM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Yeah I don't actually know why I said that. The more I listen the more I realize it's a really good recording. It's just you've been so negative about the live stuff's quality.

- Chester
#14April 14th, 2006 · 06:45 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
EducatedGuess wrote…
Yeah I don't actually know why I said that. The more I listen the more I realize it's a really good recording. It's just you've been so negative about the live stuff's quality.

- Chester

WHO SAID THAT?
#15April 14th, 2006 · 06:58 AM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Huh? Mark (theenrighthouse) and I are friends, we live in the same city. He records my music sometimes. We were just talking about the live stuff.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 6:32 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.