#1April 10th, 2006 · 02:47 AM
14 threads / 12 songs
76 posts
Indonesia
Summer of Love
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 13 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2006-12

another new material from Ancient n me...cool song for the summer...=)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 10th, 2006 · 03:04 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
awesomely great song, really does feel very summery. i loved it, very good voice. There were many times i thought the drums were real through that song and was left with the doubt... hmm the quality of the drums is too good to be real... yet it's quite diverse and realistic. So i went to the main source and found out, now i see the light.... they are machined.

i really liked the end, was quite surprising, was expecting the song to end then you carried on with the acoustic guitar and i think that was a really good way to end it. speaking of acoustic guitar, awesome sound on it, i really liked the sound of the guitar!

wait who is ancient and what did he play?

I reckon the vocals can be louder in the overall mix because when you got the drums bonging and the guitar strumming its not that its hard to hear the vocals, rather they are just in the background, and there is nothing to hide... surely not... you should even show it off a bit more... bring the vocals up and i reckon that will bring the whole song up a notch along with your reputation

nice song, well done. 90%
#3April 10th, 2006 · 03:08 AM
14 threads / 12 songs
76 posts
Indonesia
what a comment...haha...thx chill...
Ancient? he does all the things...guitars, music, all of it...in fact...this very song we wrote by accident...While ancient plays the guitar and found interesting tunes, i wrote the lyrics and there it is...Summer of love...=)

big aaplause to Ancient everybody!!! 
#4April 10th, 2006 · 05:02 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
41 posts
Indonesia
Bigger Applause to RAYZ everyone.....

hahahaha 
#5April 10th, 2006 · 01:11 PM
13 threads / 13 songs
40 posts
United States of America
I like the drums - the vox could be a bit louder and less verby. Has a real nice feel though.
#6April 11th, 2006 · 12:20 PM
21 threads / 21 songs
72 posts
Germany
Yes, the vocals are to far in the background. They are very good so why hide them? If I had a voice like yours I would do a Capella tracks haha...
Nice guitar playing the drums are OK but a bit too frisky for my taste.
Anyway a very good song - and think I can't take on with that one
#7April 11th, 2006 · 08:52 PM
yeah the vocals should be heard more. sounds good though.
#8April 23rd, 2006 · 01:27 AM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Trippy music ,the vocals sit pretty well with me plenty of space so they're clear.
good work
#9May 13th, 2006 · 11:36 AM
19 threads / 13 songs
41 posts
Canada
Like the "hall" effect on the vocals...overall a pretty groovy song...drums are good too..i like the shaker that uve used with the drums...salute to ancient...
#10November 23rd, 2006 · 08:12 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
29 posts
Netherlands
Nice feeling, good lyrics, great melody.
To my taste the vocals may be little more in the foreground.
But it's a choice you make to do it like this, it's not harmfull to the song.
That melody is real good.

Grtzz ScanVoice
#11December 3rd, 2006 · 03:31 AM
3 posts
Australia
This song starts well - gets you in the mood of a luau, but doesn't seem to go anywhere...

The vocal is easy to listen to but it does need to be more prominent.

It definitely has a summer vibe, it just needs find that sexy girl and start to party
#12December 9th, 2006 · 08:54 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
21 posts
United States of America
I like it!
It's easy to listin to,  nice groove.
#13December 14th, 2006 · 03:49 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
15 posts
United States of America
Sing It Man!
Don't be afraid to cut loose.  I get the feeling you're not singing from your diaphragm.  Ever take voice lessons?  It's the first thing they teach you.  I'm not ripping on the song though, it's a very good tune.
#14December 15th, 2006 · 09:06 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
8 posts
France
The music is nice and has a happy feeling. Sounds good too. I still have a problem with the voice being under-mixed, and especially more with the quite huge reverb you put on it. You seem to have a nice voice, no need to sing in a cathedral to hide anything. Add quite a few dB on the voice, make the reverb decay shorter and remove a few dB too, it believe it make the whole thing better.
#15December 15th, 2006 · 12:58 PM
6 threads / 5 songs
29 posts
Denmark
Rather funny
I gave my father a test, he's a drummer. he said to me haven't you recorded that before (he ment as in age 16) living at home, anyway our vocals are similar when I was younger :-D but nice job anyway, but less reverb and more vocal. i'am still chocked that we sounded so alike.

C Ya !
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 11:52 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.