#1April 7th, 2006 · 07:17 AM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
Last July

This song is not in a battle

Simple piano piece.
I started it yestaday, and tried adding some parts this morning, but I ended up keeping it the same.
I don't think I'll be putting vocals in it because I love the simplicity of it, and I think if I add badly recorded vocals to it, it'll ruin it completely.
Its kinda like a cross between the theme from Amelie, and Vanessa Carletons 'Wanted'.

EDIT: Oh my god, I just spent ages writing a really long blog entry and it didn't post! 

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 7th, 2006 · 08:57 AM
7 threads
104 posts
United Kingdom
Good
#3April 7th, 2006 · 09:00 AM
7 threads
104 posts
United Kingdom
HeHe just testing in case I wrote an essay & got some annoyng error msg.

Liked it - it flows as they say in piano parlours. Guess I'm gonna have to use both hands to try & play it on me Roland.
#4April 7th, 2006 · 10:08 AM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Last July
MY GCSE class loved listening to this

'very soothing'
class -----------relaxing'
reminds me of a journey
not quite 100%

thanx

splash
#5April 7th, 2006 · 12:17 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
nice, flowy - feels like being on a lake in a small boat, just chillin'

beautiful construction, some talent you have.. - -

the strings in the back aren't my fav sound though - too fake.... . . .. . "synthetic", but synthetic = good so maybe then - not processed enough - I dunno, to me atleast it takes away from the feel of the piano. I do like the backing harmonies of them though, those are right what they should be - it's just the sound of them.

ok...

well,

interesting stuff youve been uploading lately. can't wait to hear your vocals again though... oughta be pretty cool if you get your new mic.. ? it would also be cool if you could get composing together with someone. And I don't mean someone off this site, I mean IRL - as your music sounds very "solo", almost like a diary... private... Being in a band would definately enhance your musicality deeply - you have a lot of potential... would be awesome if you could get that done... or you in a band already?? ... anyway cheers
#6April 7th, 2006 · 03:00 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Yes, lovely construction and a nice flowing piece of music here. 
I'm not so sure on the strings as (perhaps it's just the mood I'm in) I want to hear a really heavy guitar playing some power chords over this - and, of course, your voice over it all!  OK, I realise that you say you're not going to do that, but..........
#7April 7th, 2006 · 05:30 PM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
PuppetXeno wrote…
nice, flowy - feels like being on a lake in a small boat, just chillin'

beautiful construction, some talent you have.. - -

the strings in the back aren't my fav sound though - too fake.... . . .. . "synthetic", but synthetic = good so maybe then - not processed enough - I dunno, to me atleast it takes away from the feel of the piano. I do like the backing harmonies of them though, those are right what they should be - it's just the sound of them.

ok...

well,

interesting stuff youve been uploading lately. can't wait to hear your vocals again though... oughta be pretty cool if you get your new mic.. ? it would also be cool if you could get composing together with someone. And I don't mean someone off this site, I mean IRL - as your music sounds very "solo", almost like a diary... private... Being in a band would definately enhance your musicality deeply - you have a lot of potential... would be awesome if you could get that done... or you in a band already?? ... anyway cheers :)

About the strings....Yea, I know, the sound definatly doesn't go with the piano, but I couldn't find an un-synthetic sound.
When you say my stuff is very private like a diary, is this a bad thing?
I've tried working in a band in college, and it did not work, which is why I quit just before christmas.
I'd love to have someone 'IRL' to help me, because everything I do sounds the same to me. Another person pratical point of view and support would be great, as well as fresh ideas. Sadly, I don't even have friends, nevermind friends with musical talent.
As for the band thing, thats what I was doing in college... and it didn't work, hence why I left before christmas.    But then again, it could work with the right kind of people, its just finding them...
By the way Puppet boy, my internet connections working downstairs now, so you can send me those files whenever you're ready! New sounds to play with! Wooo! 
#8April 7th, 2006 · 05:44 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
This song have a particullary feeling, I apreciate this because, at this moment, I did't feel OK.

The emotion on the song involves me, it catch me...

In this moment I can't advice you, but I just want to you know "you did my day"

thanx
#9April 20th, 2006 · 12:17 AM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Evokes a real mood  ,yeah  took me somewhere.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 7:45 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.