#1April 4th, 2006 · 12:44 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
11 posts
Canada
White Darkness II

This song is not in a battle

Time seemed to be crawling all these days. With all the shit, trying to find god was all on the mind. This track is dedicated to God. Good for relaxation, it uses a variety of instruments including the Table, an Asian instrument. Go ahead and listen. All critics/suggestions welcome...
Peace...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 4th, 2006 · 01:36 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
I really do believe that this tune needs a female voice. quality is very good. fine work!
#3April 4th, 2006 · 02:47 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
ok. I think you've got a really nice BASIC STRUCTURE here, but I feel that it's missing a more elaborate melodic line to stand up as an instrumental, otherwise Triton's advise could definitely work.

I like it though, very well constructed.
#4April 7th, 2006 · 12:46 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
And ditto to what aetheris says about a nice basic structure.

It doesn't quite work as an instrumental as there's something missing...... vocals could do it, or a melody line (flute perhaps, to keep the earthy feel of it).

The recording quality is very good indeed!

#5April 7th, 2006 · 07:36 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Definitely needs lyrics, but the structure songs nice. But the song is great! I loved it.
Female vocals may work.
The melodically part of the song is good. I like the subtle touches you put on the song like that harp. The mid-orient percussion sounds cool. Loved that. This song reminded me of the work Robert Plant and Jimmy Page did after Led Zeppelin; very orient sounding. It's basically the same idea ( Recommend No Quarter Unplugged DVD). This song with Plant vocals could work great... bu I guess you can't ask him. But may be a guy singing this, with a high voice would great. In fact I'd love to sing this, but I'm not a good singer, but I could make a try; I think my voice could fit this one. But just a suggestion ( check my song Falldown! if you wanna hear how I sing).
But vocals could help this a lot.
Make me know if you wanna test this with my voice.

> Iszil
#6April 15th, 2006 · 11:06 AM
4 threads / 2 songs
45 posts
Canada
Like the use of ethnic instruments here!  I love table drums.  Too many 4 piece bands in the world, we need more of this diversity up on stage! 

Marg
#7April 22nd, 2006 · 07:18 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
totally agreeing with smellycat. I love it. Vocals could either add everything or destroy the feel entirely. If it was my song, I'd leave it as is. Good work (lovin it at 3:03)
- Ben
#8April 22nd, 2006 · 08:33 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
29 posts
United States of America
wow ive has  those nights and tune my guitar weird and go into a trance its very cool
#9June 22nd, 2013 · 02:41 PM
5 threads / 4 songs
34 posts
United States of America
Though I tend to agree that the song could use a bit of character in the form of an additional melody, I like how we get a build up in the final third of the song. Very cool chill out song as is.  I like the structure, tempo and performance/recording quality most of all. Bottom line is the song was an enjoyable listen.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 9:05 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.