#1April 2nd, 2006 · 12:35 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
17 posts
China
Keyboard Jam

This song is not in a battle

I was just jammin around on my keyboard with a drum machine in the background, and it turned out quite well.  Sort of has a jazzy feel to it.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 2nd, 2006 · 03:48 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Actually,

It kind of sounds like my 9 year old son bangin around on the keyboard.....

I mean, there is absolutely no real structure here.... It isn't even close to going along with the beat most of the time.... it is strictly just goofin around.... doesn't really have a jazzy feel, more of a kid at the music store I want to slap feel to it...  now for the positives...

You definetly had some neat ideas in there.... I think you could come up with something pretty slick from it... but this is very noodly, and I should know... I am the noodleiest noodlier in the world....  I mean, I am the king of all noodlers.... If all other noodlers are macaroni, I am tortellini.... you know what I am saying?  naaa, me neither....

anyway....   I enjoyed the noodling... but not really a jam....

Jim "Da Noodle King" K
#3April 2nd, 2006 · 07:04 AM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
Hey chris, don't take it in a bad way, but my son but my son play/jam in his first keyboard and sounds like this song. But I found the jazzy feel in the drum machine
#4April 2nd, 2006 · 11:55 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Interesting... I don't know what song did you guys heard, but I'm enjoying this...

So Chris,  if you can develope a more structured piece and add some more complex lines to it, I think your ideas would produce something nice.
#5April 3rd, 2006 · 07:36 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
17 posts
China
yes this was just a doodle, but i don't think it sounds that bad!
#6April 3rd, 2006 · 07:38 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
17 posts
China
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
anyway....   I enjoyed the noodling... but not really a jam....

Jim "Da Noodle King" K

This is just noodling but im not going to name it keyboard noodling or some such.
#7April 3rd, 2006 · 11:00 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I don't think it sounds bad... it just is a great idea builder track.... you listen to this, and pick out the bad stuff that has to go, and listen to the stuff that really makes sense....

for instance....

from :05 to :09 must go... not good... but before that is great.... then all the way to :31 is cool.... :42 to :58 is nice.. keep it, and 1:10 to 1:53 is cool as well... then take that , and run with it.... I think you can come up with something pretty cool from this.... It has some potential.... 

hope that helps.....
               Jim "Da Noodle King" K
#8April 5th, 2006 · 09:02 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
9 posts
United States of America
I just kinda started recording while he was goofing around, so don't give him a hard time.
#9April 5th, 2006 · 11:38 PM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
play the organ with the bass at the same time, left hand bass, right hand organ. really the only thing that is going here is the drum beat which gets quite silly at the end. didn't really like any of the organ except a little at the end was ok, the bass had it's moments, some little beats were pretty sweet.
#10April 6th, 2006 · 05:03 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Hmmm, organ noodle soup.
Not too bad for a muck around............ not really a song though.
Never mind, it's a bit of fun
#11April 8th, 2006 · 01:15 AM
14 threads / 10 songs
68 posts
Mexico
No, it wasn't funny, I think that he must be modest, Jim "the noodle king" has done better stuff without trying to impress anyone and he's really funny.
Well, instean of do this kind of jamming try to make something more structurated and maybe it will be good, I hope so.
This post didn't have any intention to offend you
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 2:21 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.