#1March 31st, 2006 · 05:28 PM
14 threads / 7 songs
72 posts
United States of America
Coming Home

This song is not in a battle

Another short instrumental piece. One guitar, one track, no effects. Just my dreadnought and piezo USP into the Baggs PADI and into the Boss BR900CD.

I wrote this piece thinking of the feeling I get when I'm driving home from somewhere and I start to see the familiar landmarks that mean I am close to home. One of my favorite short instrumentals.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 1st, 2006 · 02:24 PM
14 threads / 7 songs
72 posts
United States of America
Oh yeah, forgot to mention; the Boss only exports to WAV or AIFF, I used WAV, picked it up in Audacity and exported it as mp3 via LAME. Not that it matters, but I thought some people might want to know one way to convert files to use on BandAmp.

Any comments on the piece? Is it so bad that I should drop it from my playlist? Worth keeping around? I'd love to hear some of your ideas.
#3April 11th, 2006 · 12:12 PM
21 threads / 21 songs
72 posts
Germany
Everything song I uploaded is recorded on a BOSS BR864. I think those little machines are awesome and you have alot possibilities to mix and master a song. I'm a bit jealous you own the BR900CD tough
I use CDex to convert the wav files. 
About the song. it's very well played the sound is natural but I think it's good. I think you shouldn't delete it - it's very interesting and chilling - maybe you come up with some vocals??! Would love to hear that
#4April 11th, 2006 · 12:36 PM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
It reminds me of 'Friends', you know when it comes back on after the comercial break, and they have those little guitar fills that last a few seconds, while they're showing a shot of like, the appartment building, or Central Perk...
Also reminds me of the soundtrack to one of my favourite films 'I am Sam'
Very laid back and chilled out. Nice

#5April 11th, 2006 · 03:43 PM
14 threads / 7 songs
72 posts
United States of America
Hey, thanks, Amused and PorcelainDoll. I was starting to worry about this little tune. It has long been a favorite of mine. Amused, you are probably right, I should have come up with lyrics for that a long time ago. Unfortunatel, I mostly write lyrics in a flurry of inspiration, when the muse visits, and I have little control over what I write. I will try to keep it in mind, however, because it is a good suggestion. I haven't tried CDex yet, because Audacity works so well.
#6September 11th, 2006 · 11:27 PM
4 posts
United States of America
Hey I'm not so experienced but I was just browsing around and your one of the best Ive heard, very nice!
#7September 12th, 2006 · 02:39 AM
14 threads / 7 songs
72 posts
United States of America
Thanks Micah!
It is one of my favorite finger-picken' tunes, and I am always pleased when someone else enjoys my music.
#8September 25th, 2006 · 10:02 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
cool
you can add me to the list of one who enjoyed this song   

Flyer
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 7:46 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.