#1March 31st, 2006 · 02:24 AM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
El altar /

This song is not in a battle

This song was inspired by the massacre in Acteal, Chiapas. Many people, including kids, was killed by paramillitars. this song talks about the faithless and hopeless of the poor people who wants a better future. I include the translated lyrics for those who don't understand spanish, well, maybe not my english too

We recorded this track 3 years ago, and we used the MiDi.
Unfortunatelly, the band doesn't longer exists.

I want to thank to Richardson Poery for his inspiration and poetry.

I hope your comments, now I'm trying to remake this, by the way, here I played the bass

LYRICS

¿Dónde está la verdad? Si detrás del delirio está la otra mitad
¿A dónde van las voces frente a aquél altar? ¿Dónde rezan los pobres si los van a matar?
¿Dónde está tu destino, la cosecha y la flor de volver al camino del orgullo al perdón?

Dime el color de la luz de tu rostro, ¿cuál es la flor que amanece en tu voz? Hombres y mujeres derribando su muro, cuanta alegría de saltar al futuro

X2

Cuando la vida es muerte no se vive de pie, pero puede evitarse si se pierde la fé.
Sobre los muros viejos de una vieja ciudad, hemos pintado sueños frente a la catedral.
Pueden matar al hombre que se pone de pie, más no callar el nombre de la verdad que fue

Dime el color de la luz de tu rostro, ¿cuál es la flor que amanece en tu voz? Hombres y mujeres derribando su muro, cuanta alegría de saltar al futuro

X4

now in english

Where is the truth?  If behind the delirium is the other half ¿where go the voices set against that altar?  Where do they pray the poor if they are going to kill them?  Where is your destiny, the crop and the flower to return al road of the pride to the fear? 

tell me the color of the light of your face, ¿which is the flower that wakes up in your voice?  Men and women knocking down its wall, as much as happiness of jumping to the future

X2

When the life is death does not live on itself foot, but can be avoided if the faith is lost.  On the old walls of an old city, we have painted dreams set against the cathedral.  They can kill al man that stands up, more not to silence the name of the truth that was

tell me the color of the light of your face, ¿which is the flower that wakes up in your voice?  Men and women knocking down its wall, as much as happiness of jumping to the future

X4

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 31st, 2006 · 04:21 AM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
remember my style, just one take
#3March 31st, 2006 · 11:40 AM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
great work for a one take record! I think the vocals could use some more work... other than that really nice song to listen to, and the motive makes it even better.

Best thing I've heard from you.

Suerte bro.

P.S: I don't think the lyrics in english are a good idea... most of the meaning is lost in the transaltion.
#4March 31st, 2006 · 08:01 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
149 posts
United States of America
you said it brother,it's better to die on our feet than to live on our knees!!!this song really made it for me,good job!!
#5March 31st, 2006 · 10:17 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
DUDE~

This is a great song.....

I love the message, and it is really tight.... as for the vocals... well, it's vocals anyway... hehe....

The overall song is good... BTW, great bass work.... a good bassist is so hard to find...

Anyway....
                Your re-doing it eh?  can't wait to hear what you come up with....

Jim "da shoelace" K
#6April 2nd, 2006 · 01:16 AM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
Hey, thanks all!

I used a translator program, freetranslation.com, and I do this because I wanted to share something different to all bandampers, but if one of you try to translate it in the same meaning, go!.

This time, I just upload it to promote another kind of tematic; I never upload a song were I play the bass, this is the only.

This band was my dreamteam, unfortunatelly we can't repeat it.

I sing in the chorus too!!

and for Jim, I probably will make another version of it, but the feeling will not the same!

greetings!!
#7April 2nd, 2006 · 08:52 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Well done live record. love the trioles. imo the bass is too loud. drums are cool. composition is great. For me it is hard to absorb the expression of the feelings you want to describe with the lyrics. the reason is that people in europe are not confronted with the problems in your country. European people are talking about unemployment and rising fees for helath ensurance or taxes for gas, cigaretts and alcohol.
I am more into musical expression. But I can rate this song with my points. Well done
#8April 2nd, 2006 · 03:22 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
a very bassy mix,

but musically and lyrically, this is a great song! agreed, the translation is a bit cranky to say the least - but this track (the music) gives me a The Cure feeling, the lyrics and the way they are sung take it in a very different direction though.

It's great! I agree with TK about the fact the people in Europe (which includes me hehe) are not confronted with this kind of problems, but that doesn't mean I can't understand and / or sympathise...

good stuff - would like to hear the new version you have in mind.
#9April 21st, 2006 · 05:37 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
everything being said, just wanna add compliments, keep workin till it sounds tight. 
#10May 30th, 2006 · 03:01 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
25 posts
Chile
I didnt like the vocals and the drums, but the lyrics are very good.
Anyway good song
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 9:46 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.