1 2

#1March 29th, 2006 · 03:18 AM
14 threads / 7 songs
72 posts
United States of America
Bottleneck Blues

This song is not in a battle

One guitar, one track, no effects. This started out like most of my instrumentals, an exercise for my right hand and some experimentation in double dropped D tuning. Pretty simple, but I like the way it came out. Please let me know what you think.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 29th, 2006 · 05:09 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Well, apart from a couple of timing issues when the left hand is struggling a bit this is excellent. 
I love the tune, and the playing is great.
#3March 29th, 2006 · 10:37 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Great technique. Love to hear pickin guitar. Go ahead. Thumbs up
#4March 29th, 2006 · 10:45 AM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
its a nice little ditty... got some good fingerwork in that guitar... i like the composition but to be a song needs more... i do the same tho... i stick stuff on here that i know isnt a song its just a neat little ditty and wanna see what ppl think... so im gonna give it 2 thumbs up on its...uh... ditty-ness keep it up... u should work n that seeing as u already got a decent starting point...
#5March 29th, 2006 · 11:48 AM
14 threads / 7 songs
72 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the good words! Yes, that is a fragment, but this is a great way for me to see if it is worth expanding and doing more with.
Timing is always a problem with me, even working with a drum machine I do struggle a bit. Be patient, I am very slowly improving.
#6March 29th, 2006 · 03:23 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
Nice flowing melody,..dropped d?
Very nice performance to(how do you play that with finger picks?)
Good luck
#7March 29th, 2006 · 03:35 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Acoustichris wrote…
Thanks for the good words! Yes, that is a fragment, but this is a great way for me to see if it is worth expanding and doing more with.
Timing is always a problem with me, even working with a drum machine I do struggle a bit. Be patient, I am very slowly improving.

well, improve it seems you're well on your way with the playing and all.

very very nice ditty indeed. struggling is okay. try to find the balance in your concentration span.... to become more natural in the timing thing...

but hey this is a very nice tune, very enjoyable!
#8March 29th, 2006 · 06:25 PM
14 threads / 7 songs
72 posts
United States of America
Thanks for all the input. I play with bare fingers/fingernails. It is one of the few tunes I have written in dropped d (DADGBD). I will be posting some more of these things, but for now I will skip the ones with my croaking/singing.
#9March 29th, 2006 · 08:28 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
17 posts
Canada
Very nice rhythm with a nice feel...kind of make me think of zeppelin, which is a compliment by the way!

I would like to hear it with added instrument  like a mandolin or a violin and with a jimbe or bongos for rhythm!

Good work!
#10March 30th, 2006 · 01:40 PM
14 threads / 7 songs
72 posts
United States of America
Thanks. A comparison to the great Page is a complement indeed.
My usual partner in crime is my best friend Dan, who plays a mean upright bass, so that is the only other instrument I have played. Lately he's been getting really good on the congas, and we are starting to work some of that in to our material.
I do a a friend who is an absolute wizard on fiddle, mandolin, and half a dozen other instruments; but he is a professional musician. I can't afford his playing at this time. I am fortunate enough to have had him play with me at some music circles and wow, what a difference!

For right now, while I am getting a better feel for BandAmp, I just plan to post a few of my instrumentals. This is a good venue for them, as people have given me lots of good ideas and feedback.
#11March 30th, 2006 · 02:35 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
this sounded a little more like a classical song than a blues song... of course very good, reminded me of a tune that Jimmy Page would write...

love to hear some croaking(vocals) over that tune, though it doesn't need it.
#12March 30th, 2006 · 03:03 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
12 posts
United Kingdom
very, very nice. keep it up.
#13March 30th, 2006 · 04:59 PM
14 threads / 7 songs
72 posts
United States of America
This is great, I keep getting positive feedback on my silly li'l tune.

LeVee Classical? That is interesting (I have a lot of classical background). It is certainly not pure blues, and was actually my attempt to play with a bottleneck feeling that I came across. I intended it to be something of a fingerpicking ode.

I've never even attempted to write lyrics for this, I can't keep from hearing it as pure instrumental. After I post a few of the instrumentals I may get brave and post one with lyrics.
#14April 1st, 2006 · 06:41 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
17 posts
China
not completely bules, but still a good dong. some good skill with the guitar there.
#15May 2nd, 2006 · 10:54 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
52 posts
Canada
definitely something worth pursuing here acoustichris! i'm hearing continuous 1-2-3-4 from a big fat thumping bass drum to help it drive along and yes oh ya with a violin counterpart.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 4:32 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.