#1March 26th, 2006 · 04:48 PM
11 threads / 9 songs
37 posts
Ireland
Wipe Away The Tears
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 7 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2007-02

The final offering from my recording debut. This song was written over about a year and a bit. For some insane reason i was imagining a "massive attack" type groove for the song and the riff came from there, it doesnt resemble massive attack at all so i guess thats a black flag for my poor musicianship!Lol. Anyway, we all liked the riff in the bandroom so i went away for a summer and kept jamming on the song in my spare time and riff after riff suggested itself.By the time ireturned the song was simple to put together. Lyrics were by J te singer in the band, referancing heavily a song called learn to love again that i'd written. I guess this song was a re-write too!

Niamh on drums,Dave on Sax, J on vocals and bass, Cubby on percussion and myself on guitar. Let me know what you think of it.Cheers

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 26th, 2006 · 05:24 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
this is chilled man....

Very cool.......

some great reggae riffs...

I love the percussion... amazing stuff......

The horns really add a great feel....

The rapping part is pure genius....

Keep them coming... great quality....

Jim "Da Minister" K
#3March 29th, 2006 · 08:01 AM
5 posts
Australia
soooooooooo cool
very groovy...
ur rite though - not much like massive attack! haha love it though...
the saxophone really adds to the song - i feel it can sound kinda bad in some songs, but u did it well. 
#4March 29th, 2006 · 12:02 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
This has some great parts to it, but for me it's just a bit messy!

For some reason it reminds me of the band Moon - the vocal expression and use of brass does it I suppose.  The rap break is reminiscent of a Sting track - it works well actually, but is still messy...... well IMHO that is

All the above notwithstanding, I like the song a lot - it just needs to be tidied up.
#5May 4th, 2006 · 10:33 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
I also think it sounds a bit messy. Especially in the beginning, it was hard to feel the groove. Then, throughout the song, it just felt like it was lacking something. Maybe more tone and some volume on the drums? But that's just what I think.

Loooved the rap. That part also sounded cleaner cause there was less going on in the background.

Other than the "messiness" I liked it.
#6May 5th, 2006 · 06:39 AM
This reggae beat is really chilled and mellow, i think it is also slightly messed but I think it does the song justice and wouldn't work any other way, plus i think Sax's rock and should be used more the solo type thing is really cool sounds all jazz, what inspired the lyrics?
#7June 3rd, 2006 · 04:33 PM
i love this
i agree with some above, and i believe it could be tidied up a bit more
but i enjoyed the song a lot
funky
nice vocals

zoe
#8July 16th, 2006 · 05:53 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
good musical talent
lots of good talent, but it seems to be some overplayin maybe, that's why it seem out.
seems like everyone is trying to solo through out the song. Don't get me wrong though it still kicks ass. I like it, this IMO though .
#9August 9th, 2006 · 10:49 AM
11 threads / 9 songs
37 posts
Ireland
thanks for the feedback.yeah you got it in one. I think everyone tried to take the lead.
the song works well live when we tone it down and get the mix right!
Again many thanks
Scott

The lyrics were inspired by another tune i wrote which we're re-doin at the moment but i guess its all about getting on with the unexpected turns life throws at us.
#10February 2nd, 2007 · 09:52 AM
7 threads / 7 songs
29 posts
United States of America
wipe away the tears
i loved it smooth great rhythm cool bass and guitar 
#11February 25th, 2007 · 11:13 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
47 posts
United States of America
the guitar was cool in the beginning and the drums give it a good mood + the horn +bass +vocals, lol, its a very good song, great tune
#12February 26th, 2007 · 01:14 AM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
Well,
I'm Impressed.. Ziggy told me years ago that a good song just seems to flow and go like it was meant to be ma'an..  This has to be exactly what he was talking about!! I could not turn it off. had to listen to it from beginning to end.. and I found the extro - ending very good.. have listened to a couple of songs so far that the endings were chopped.. It has to leave you wanting to hear it again is a direct quote from Paul Simon when he did his tracks in the Shoals.. and this one does just that! I had to listen to it twice.. good lyric! which makes or breaks a song as much as drums and bass do! a good bottom end can carry a bad song, but a bad drummer and/or bassist can really make awesome lead musicians sound so bad! You Go, and keep it up! 

Dan
#13February 26th, 2007 · 01:40 AM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
oops,
forgot to rate it.. ;-)
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 9:53 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.