#1March 20th, 2006 · 10:43 AM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
Just One Day

This song is not in a battle

At the time we thought it our "tour de force" or, for all of you who don't speak French, our "piece de resistance" (just kidding, comrades...).  Anyway, we like it, but will most probably re-record this song in order to add some inner development (it is a bit too "monotonous" in its present form).  Tell us what you think--as always your comments are welcome.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 20th, 2006 · 07:15 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
ok, just my thoughts and 'suggestions', cause  i could turn this song into something you dont like anymore

Recording quality is great, but you have eq-ed lots of things in the high frequency zone
( ac / clean el. guitars, mainly everything), so when that solo guitar comes in i was pleased by its presence in the midtones.( it may be much more 'raw' for me)
So maybe u could use that sound filling in between the vox , or for a modest rhythm part.

Also thought of some light organ or piano sound here and there, or maybe strings, tastily ofcourse! I liked when the piano kicked in, but it came out of nowhere to me

There is so much room between the bass freq and what comes above that.(not that it should be filled complete all the time, its nice to have room too, but like silence is 'heard' best after a lot of noise, its with room like that too i think)(or reverse if you want )

in the end you may have to skipp an existing part maybe, like that clean electric loop for example.., is it great enough? Are you sure you want this lite acoustic sound?, its not adding warmth i mean..( I know its been used and it has its charmes, but..)

dont know if that intro works so great, a bit long maybe? What do you want to be the effect of it? I'd be touched much more by some singin varieties!(if you speak off monotonous!) Backing vox are pleasant though!

Well, hope I helped you a bit, even maybe realizing what you not want, or maybe even annoyed you with my view of your song, well..., Hell! you asked for it

Anyhow i hope you find a way to get this very good song to a great one!
#3March 20th, 2006 · 08:34 PM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
MaxdB wrote…
ok, just my thoughts and 'suggestions', cause  i could turn this song into something you dont like anymore

Recording quality is great, but you have eq-ed lots of things in the high frequency zone
( ac / clean el. guitars, mainly everything), so when that solo guitar comes in i was pleased by its presence in the midtones.( it may be much more 'raw' for me)
So maybe u could use that sound filling in between the vox , or for a modest rhythm part.

Also thought of some light organ or piano sound here and there, or maybe strings, tastily ofcourse! I liked when the piano kicked in, but it came out of nowhere to me

There is so much room between the bass freq and what comes above that.(not that it should be filled complete all the time, its nice to have room too, but like silence is 'heard' best after a lot of noise, its with room like that too i think)(or reverse if you want )

in the end you may have to skipp an existing part maybe, like that clean electric loop for example.., is it great enough? Are you sure you want this lite acoustic sound?, its not adding warmth i mean..( I know its been used and it has its charmes, but..)

dont know if that intro works so great, a bit long maybe? What do you want to be the effect of it? I'd be touched much more by some singin varieties!(if you speak off monotonous!) Backing vox are pleasant though!

Well, hope I helped you a bit, even maybe realizing what you not want, or maybe even annoyed you with my view of your song, well..., Hell! you asked for it

Anyhow i hope you find a way to get this very good song to a great one!
Thank you for taking time to comment and suggest.  You seem to be much more technically aware than we are--being more concerned with melodies, harmonies, arrangements and the overall impression, we usually leave "frequencies", "EQ", "dB's", etc. to whoever sits behind the mixing board (or the PC now days) .  So, when and if the re-recording happens, changes will be mostly about arranging the song a bit differently (p ex the "intro" will go).  Anyway, thanks again.
#4December 7th, 2006 · 05:13 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
127 posts
Bulgaria
I like it
(of course )
#5December 7th, 2006 · 03:39 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
12 posts
United States of America
Sounds a little like Dave Matthews stuff. I like it. It is nice and light. A re-recording of it would not hurt...a song is never finished, even after its recorded. Good job!
#6April 24th, 2011 · 07:34 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
102 posts
Suriname
Like the sound of the drum man, very good recorded!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 11:37 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.