#1March 18th, 2006 · 01:49 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Why (blues)

This song is not in a battle

Full title is Why you do me this way.

Blues jam...  simple...   I have only been playing guitar for a year, so be kind on the review of the playing....

Otherwise, let's have it!  

Jim "slowhand" K

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 18th, 2006 · 02:02 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
The groove is great, but the quality is not pretty good, but I'm sure you can improve it.
Love the blues with those swing beats.
Cool!

> Iszil
#3March 18th, 2006 · 02:11 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
sorry,

I forgot to mention that.....

I am purposely trying for the old record, singing into a tin can type sound....

I want that poor quality, old school blues feel.....

The lyrics are:

When you look at me you know I feel like a child, Everytime I touch you  girl you know my heart goes wild.. Why you do me this way....

You are my curse, You are my cure... You are the reason that I endure.. I say Girl.... Why you do me this way.......

You are my breath, Your are my soul..... Ever since I met you girl I'm out of control.. I say Girl.... Why you do me this way.......
#4March 18th, 2006 · 08:22 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
3 posts
United States of America
i dont like blues..but this is ok
#5March 18th, 2006 · 09:19 AM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
Pretty good for a newbie!
Hey Jim, for only playing a year you're kicking ass, baby. One thing that might help you solo is to broaden, very simply, your pallette. Since you seem to have the pentatonic blues scale thang down, try learning it in other positions and practice moving up and down through those positions instead of staying in one place on the neck. You'll find ways of connecting them that will lead you to solo ideas you might not otherwise have thought of. Good luck, dude!
#6March 23rd, 2006 · 11:44 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Hey.. WOW...

Thanks for the kind words...   And the advice... I will work on that... I usually just close my eyes and play.... and see what comes out....  I don't know much about chords and scales...  so I will play around a bit with some more movement, and see if I can't get some more interesting sounds.... 

Jim "slowhand" K
#7May 30th, 2006 · 06:29 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hey
I ll tell ya like it is      I like this   I really do    rough on the gutiar   sure you are  but for just 1 yr playing   you sound good Jim....Your singing is better then mine  lol  haha   thought you could fool me huh...good one Jim  keep it rockin   man

Ralph
#8June 3rd, 2006 · 02:19 PM
ahh i love the blues.
and this song is pretty good.
i enjoyed the old school vibe quite a bit.
the vocals aren't amazing, but definitely not hard on the ears.
i even added my own harmony and sung along with you
being the slight nerd that i am heh.
an overall good song

zoe
#9June 7th, 2006 · 02:25 AM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Hey

I don't know why I didn't post on this song earlier...

This is great old school blues feeling, love it!

Can't belive you've been playing only for a year... of course some knowledge of scales and progressions just to add a bit of harmonies here and there, but this is good as it is... more complex structure will lose the original intentios.

Keep working!
#10June 7th, 2006 · 10:41 AM
10 posts
United States of America
I love your blues.  I understand what you're trying to accomplish with the old school feel...it almost makes it sound live.

Keep on moving forward...you're definately getting there!
#11June 8th, 2006 · 08:47 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Damn good job on the blues
Good job on this you have a good feel for blues leads. Nice and easy, don't over think it but feel it, and you do.
#12June 9th, 2006 · 12:57 AM
23 threads / 20 songs
235 posts
Canada
wow only a year, you've got to be kidding me!!!! It's just the timing that's out a little, the guitar playing is SOLID, that rocks, ok , i might share you in your blues and post some myself, this song has inspired me!!!! like it a lot, probably the one i like best so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =) - S
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 11:39 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.