1 2
#16September 10th, 2006 · 10:14 AM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
Thanks
Hey jordan
Thanks for the tip on Nels Cline. I checked him out and like his stuff - really nice ideas he's got. Your description was right on, btw.
I would encourage you to post some of your stuff on the amp. I know you just started playing a year ago but that's cool - a lot of people here are at the same level. try to post something worth critiquing though, not just 3 minutes of wanking on a guitar (eeww). the cool thing is that if you post stuff, you get a bunch of feedback (and advice) from a lot of different types of musicians. Good luck .
#17September 10th, 2006 · 03:25 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
10 posts
United States of America
Oh, cool. I'm glad you like him. :]

Oh, and I checked out Danny Gatton and he was really good, I'm a really big fan of the blues so he was right up my alley.  Thank you. :]

Oh, and about posting, I would like to post some material, but I have no mic to use, do you have any cheap ideas?
#18September 10th, 2006 · 04:13 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Lady Liberty
truly awesome
straight down my road 200%
no more 2 say really

sploosh

the fish
#19September 10th, 2006 · 04:16 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
Samson makes a cheap ($99.00) bus powered usb condenser mic that's not half bad. It's convenient as hell. My brother uses it for V.O. work and for that it's fine.
#20September 11th, 2006 · 09:21 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
10 posts
United States of America
Thanks. :)
I'll definitly check it out, and when I do post something, you'll be the first to know.
#21September 11th, 2006 · 11:32 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
10 posts
United States of America
9/11
This song is perfect for today, lol.
#22September 12th, 2006 · 01:53 PM
4 posts
United Kingdom
I love the lyrics, they're anti-American (always a plus) and flow well with the cool tune which seems to play in the background and never overwhelms them. 10/10.
#23September 12th, 2006 · 04:31 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
WOW
The guitar lead work is great. I'm working on playing alot more like this. I love the tone of your voice.  Great work with the synth on the gtr. It's been awhile since I've played on one
the tracking/ timing was bad so I never bought one. Sounds like this problem has been taking care of.  Your solo work reminds me of Stephon Housden or maybe more like
Barry Bailey with even more taste. Great Job.
#24September 12th, 2006 · 05:49 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
3 posts
United States of America
nice musik
#25September 18th, 2006 · 07:46 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
-.-

ive already replied to these lyrics when pd posted them (and i LOVE pd, dont get me wrong)

but as an american i take offence sometimes when people point fingures at ALL of us -.- its proubly stupid i know, and im not patriotic and what not... but i dont like being told im a minie me bush... or terrorist... and i see your flg is american as well, so im ot intirly sure how to respond. exept when makeing such a song please dont exclude the OTHER nations who have ass whole running them as well. we arnt the only nation to screw up every now and then... though we tend to do it more often than most...

music wise i think you did a very good job on this, i was expecting to here something punck rock winny boy band type of thing when i found out pd wasnt doing this, but you prooved me wrong, awsome job, on every thing. i really like the vox as well

great job got my vote.

pap
#26September 18th, 2006 · 11:10 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
I hear ya
Thanks for the response , PD.
I read these lyrics to be partly sympathetic to Americans.
We  do a lot of shitty things and, as the rest of the world sees it, we voted our leaders in so we're accountable.
Of course there are other countries who  do the same, but we are the super power now (although China will change that) and everything we do, including our mistakes, casts a long shadow.

Like you and most other Americans, I'm not only sick to death of being shit on for the things Bush does, I'm sick of having the good things we do ignored. and by we I mean Americans, not America.

Forget the world-changing advances in technology and medicine; forget the pop culture we created and the rest of the world has consumed voraciously; forget the man on the moon; forget keeping the USSR at bay during the cold war. Our most important contribution to the world has been to provide an amazingly diverse, affordable, safe, stable and beautiful place for anyone - from anywhere - to come to and go to college, raise a family, better their quality of life, etc.  
And people the world over have come here to do that and amazingly, despite the fact that we appear to be the essence of heartless arrogance in a world filled with kind and just nations, they still come. i guess we don't suck enough for everybody to shun our workplace and colleges.

The rest of the world also seems to forget that they are us and we are them. I'm only second generation American. Most of my friends parents or grandparents were born elsewhere.

Anyway, I liked these lyrics because at least in part, they acknowledged that the problem is more than a simple case of "Americans are assholes". If you read stuffx's "America Fuck Off" you get more of an idea of what the less contemplative of our critics think. Stuffx sees this as a black and white issue with a simple structure. I suspect her heart is in the right place and she's responding to the rotten things she's seen us do. But it's not a simple issue.

of course, i didn't write these lyrics so you'll have to contact PorcelainDoll about your critique. I wasn't about to change the meaning of her lyrics, although I did edit a word to make the song fit together better.
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 5:53 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.