#1March 14th, 2006 · 01:32 PM
12 threads / 9 songs
142 posts
United States of America
Dish

This song is not in a battle

Pop-Rock like thing. I am not a lead guitarist.
All suggestions welcome.
Thanks for listening.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 14th, 2006 · 01:57 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
The song is great, but why are you whispering? It's a cry out song...
#3March 14th, 2006 · 03:05 PM
12 threads / 9 songs
142 posts
United States of America
Allergies
I think its the Red Maple (a tree) in bloom here that is causing me some serious grief. I have no voice usually, and right now its dead.
So the whispering doesn't work, eh?
Hmm. Well. maybe in a couple of months I can tackle it again.
Thank you for the comment.
#4March 16th, 2006 · 04:52 AM
18 threads / 15 songs
147 posts
Italy
Nice tune!
I like it a lot.
#5March 16th, 2006 · 04:52 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
I don't mind the whispering vocals, and the song itself is pretty well constructed but you say
Soni wrote…
I am not a lead guitarist.
so why do you try to play a manic solo, and so high up the neck!  If you know you can't do it, don't do it - at least not for publication!
My suggestions are:
-  Take the solo down an octave,
-  play a third of the speed, and
- "feel" the music!

That way, you may build up to becoming a competent lead player.
#6March 17th, 2006 · 08:46 AM
12 threads / 9 songs
142 posts
United States of America
Jiminuk, that is a fine suggestion. Band amp has been very good for me to realize the benefits of slowing down and finishing a piece. Usually I drive through the concept and move on. This song I actually spent about 3 days on, usually its 3 hours from start to finish.

I did nearly hit the solo once or twice, but there were other problems in those takes. I want a ripping solo here, not something slower and lower, I do enough of that. I think maybe I will spend more time on this solo until I can get it just right.

Thanks for the input, and thanks Band Amp in reminding me to slow down and do it right.

Thanks for the positive take on the vocals. I just might leave them then.
#7April 8th, 2006 · 12:25 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Don't like this kind of music, but for brit-pop fans may it be fine.
Well, the solo isn't the best. You tried to play something you can't: when you want to play a fast solo you must be sure that you have the enough speed in your fingers. The fast picking doesn't work for you; also some slides sounds bad, like if you hadn't pushed the string correctly. Sometimes it helps, when you don't have speed to use a bit more of distortion, so notes are felt more fluently.
That's my opinion as guitarist, but I'm just 18, so don't make any case to what I say. Ask for some pro guitarist for help.

> Iszil
#8April 22nd, 2006 · 07:04 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
cool song. the instrumental balance sounds good. however, the vocals could be a bit clearer. I'm not opposing the whispering, just suggesting more clarity so that they stand out a bit. also, I'm going to have to agree with Iszil on the guitar solo. other than that, sounds great.
- Ben
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 3:11 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.