#1March 8th, 2006 · 04:24 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
9 posts
Italy
Lighthouse

This song is not in a battle

another song from Tequila's mind! this is more psychedelic, it has some mistakes on the voice beacuse the singer didn't feel very well the recording day! ahahah www.tequilasmind.tk

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 8th, 2006 · 06:58 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
From the mind of Tequila, huh?  Well, it's pretty neat really - sort of psychedelic really but quite good all the same.
Nicely recorded, good and clear.  Good, tight playing.  The singing, as you say, has a few mistakes - but they don't detract too much from the song.  Great drumming, although they could be a bit more punchy and bassier in the mix to my ear.
I like the difference in feel between the verse and chorus - obviously it's been done before many times, but the change in energy is very nice.
The solo is, in my opinion, a little too messy - I think the impact is lost for the sake of trying to play too fast.  The introduction to the solo is great then at 4:02 (ish) the manic bit starts and it spoils it.  The solo is the weakest part of the whole song, which overall I like.
Oh, and it has a decent ending too!!!
Good song
#3March 8th, 2006 · 07:24 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
As I listen......
I write.....

I find the guitar work well done, the drums are tight...  I am not sure I would call it psychedelic, but then I am not sure what the lyrics are saying, perhaps the clue is there...

This reminds me of like U2 or maybe some of the bands I used to run with in the 80's..

Interesting..  I think this has some great points..not much bad to say really...  Other than the lyrics are almost indistinguishable. Perhaps redo them when he isn't sick, and have him really come out with them... don't hold back.. He is tryin to throw down. but being sick, I can hear he is holding back.. otherwise, great song!
                                 JimK I have rated this song.
#4March 8th, 2006 · 08:42 PM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
The whole song sounds a little muffled. Is that just to do with the conversion?

- Chester
#5March 9th, 2006 · 12:44 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
12 posts
United States of America
When you're playing at slower tempos, it's extremely important to lock into the rhythm.  Otherwise, a section that could have intensity, like at the beginning, comes off as just meandering.  Throughout the piece, the players seemed to not be in synch with each other, even though their performance individually was there.  If you're recording a track at a time, try getting a click track throughout to play to.  If you have one already, really work to get the timing just right.  It will give the exposed sections the emotion they are trying to express.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 4:49 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.