#1March 8th, 2006 · 12:01 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
Messin About

This song is not in a battle

Just me messin about on FLstudio... see what u think... kicks in towards the end...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 8th, 2006 · 01:43 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
this definately sounds very interesting... !

at one point it reminded me of 80's wave-pop because your voice sounds so much like like vocalists of that era, but the electronincs make it sound very contemporary... halfway trance - it's the drowned vocals

enjoyable hypnotic listen... very interesting... I'm going to download this and listen to it some more

rated the song...
#3March 8th, 2006 · 01:51 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Interesting it is! like your spheric sound, the dark mood. Did like some of your other work too. Kind of long in the end though..
#4April 1st, 2006 · 01:00 PM
4 threads / 2 songs
58 posts
United States of America
Riight, so if I add all of these drums and piano tracks onto my guitar - what does that show about my guitar skill? I mean, sure - this sounds interesting. But you'll never just beable to sit down and do this for someone. What is the point of recording if you cant reproduce? I play to advance my own skill - not just 'sound good'.
#5April 1st, 2006 · 01:11 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
akuard wrote…
Riight, so if I add all of these drums and piano tracks onto my guitar - what does that show about my guitar skill? I mean, sure - this sounds interesting. But you'll never just beable to sit down and do this for someone. What is the point of recording if you cant reproduce? I play to advance my own skill - not just 'sound good'.

I am glad you play to advance your own skill, that is nice.. but what has that to do with this?  Music is expression.. it is art, it is life... it isn't a set of rules... there is no reason that we have to record simply to advance ourselves... otherwise, many great songs would never have happened...  I record myself playing... I also make alot of recordings of myself, just noodling or practicing scales, or whatever, because I tend to get bored, and I start to druft, and actually sometimes, get something that sounds REAL good.. I also sometimes play around, and get a great electronic drum track, or crazy mixed up collage.. I could never reproduce it live, unless I was able to get George W. Bush, and every celebrity together under on roof...  you know what I mean?

anyway, this is pretty cool... I like the feel.. and it is very good for just messing around...
          Thanks for sharing.
                   Jim "Da eggshaker" K
#6April 1st, 2006 · 02:37 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
49 posts
United Kingdom
akuard, i was being polite when chatting to you before, but your ignorance is almost becomming offensive. This isn't a guitar skill web site, you said yourself you've only been playing a few months, which is why you aren't any good yet. And what do you mean you wont be able to play this to somebody? bands have more than one person, this is bandamp.com afterall.

as for the track, it is very 80s, reminds me a bit of tears for fears, it definitely picks up towards the end, good job.
#7April 1st, 2006 · 02:47 PM
13 threads / 7 songs
167 posts
Ireland
This is one of the most original tracks I've heard here, tons of character .
#8May 31st, 2006 · 10:37 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Excellent
I really like this one. It has everything a good song needs. direction,interest, style,
mood. I gotta download this one. Great job
#9September 6th, 2006 · 07:09 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
81 posts
Japan
Get enough people - you can reproduce this live.  You may want to check your definitions of 'band' and 'skill enhancement' akuard, cos they seem to be a little off at the min.

As far as the song goes, I really like it.  Chilled, kinda dark ambience to it.  I think the guitar that comes in around 3:00 dominates the track too much, and would do much better off to be accompanying rather than at the front as it is not a 'solo' so to speak, but rather another element that repeats in my opinion.  Just an idea though, love the rest (and get a second opinion on the guitar, it may be my headphones).

-Edit-
Sorry, just realised that I ressurected an ancient post here while going through Devo's music..  My bad.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 1:08 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.