#1March 8th, 2006 · 09:16 AM
21 threads / 21 songs
72 posts
Germany
Ancient Times

This song is not in a battle

My first song after staying 6 weeks in south Africa. I developed it there but I wonder why fits so well when I see the snow falling because I played it the first time when it had 35° .
The first time I used my old piano and the first time I tried a new recording technique. I recorded everything, piano, guitar, with my shure pg 48 but maybe I need another one for instrumentals...  
Maybe you could listen to it and tell me what you think.
Thanks

How long has it been since your face changed through the mirror?
How many years have passed since you can’t look at yourself anymore?
When have your eyes turned blind for what you had become?

It’s the purest form of tragedy
It’s a story told by a fool

With every Step and star you take
Your blue sky fades to black
And with every single word you say
The numbness of your heart increases

It’s the same old song since yesterday
It’s the same old road that leads to nowhere
It’s the same old thought that may destroy you again

So move on cause you’ll find somebody new
So move on cause you’ll find somebody new

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 11th, 2006 · 01:14 PM
18 threads / 15 songs
147 posts
Italy
The composition is very good.
Maybe you need a little more work on the vocals but it's fine.
In my opinion the whole song sounds a bit too "flat". Maybe it's because of the transducer you used or you could correct this by a more accurate equalization and finalization.
However good job.
#3March 11th, 2006 · 03:33 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Nice Radiohead feel to this song.

The vocals are, for the most part, good but with a few shaky moments here and there. I really like the opening melody but I feel it is a little repetetive as it goes on.

The introduction of the piano in itself is very nice. I can hear what you were trying to do but I feel this part of the song needs tidying up. The piano needs to be a little quieter for one thing. As soon as it is introduced it dominates the sound and things get confused since there appears to be a timing issue between the strummed guitar and the piano. My ear follows the piano which is rigid in structure but I'm also hearing the strumming in the background which is looser in tempo (which fit the earlier part of the song nicely but doesn't sit well with the piano IMO). Don't get me wrong; I love the piano and think that it will work well but it needs to be worked into the flow of the song more coherently.

I like the song in essence and that is why I feel it is deserving of helpful critique.
#4March 11th, 2006 · 03:42 PM
21 posts
United States of America
Pretty emotional, and soft. I like it, cause it reminds me of Radiohead or Muse if they took a hit of Ritalin. You were kinda flat in some of the vocal parts, but then again, it enhances the emotionability (if that's a word). Overall, I'm impressed, and I encourage you to keep going.
#5March 15th, 2006 · 10:04 AM
21 threads / 21 songs
72 posts
Germany
ktartandude wrote…
Nice Radiohead feel to this song.

The vocals are, for the most part, good but with a few shaky moments here and there. I really like the opening melody but I feel it is a little repetetive as it goes on.

The introduction of the piano in itself is very nice. I can hear what you were trying to do but I feel this part of the song needs tidying up. The piano needs to be a little quieter for one thing. As soon as it is introduced it dominates the sound and things get confused since there appears to be a timing issue between the strummed guitar and the piano. My ear follows the piano which is rigid in structure but I'm also hearing the strumming in the background which is looser in tempo (which fit the earlier part of the song nicely but doesn't sit well with the piano IMO). Don't get me wrong; I love the piano and think that it will work well but it needs to be worked into the flow of the song more coherently.

I like the song in essence and that is why I feel it is deserving of helpful critique.

Yes you're right and thank you alot for your feedback. I had problems to time the piano because I played the guitar before I got the idea of recording a piano part. Maybe I should change the rhythm of the guitar... For itself it stands well I think. I played it because I wanted it to be the leading instrument but then I changed my mind and the thing with the piano happened. I hope I can work it over but it is always hard to go back to recording again...
#6April 3rd, 2006 · 03:20 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
your style always has this utter dreariness over it... this melancholia which is... getting right to the heart..

at 2.20 interesting change of arrangements... I feel like sitting in a bar and sinking away into one pint after the other...

the piano adds to this... for sure...

your vocals are getting much much better... great sensitivity there........

well a minimal bass line wouldn't hurt though... I know u have a synth which would probably fit it very well for that purpose... maybe played in a rhythmic way to compensate for the lack of drums? if any percussion, only minimal hand percussion would suffice IMO...

anyway.. got my vote... it's beautiful...
#7April 3rd, 2006 · 08:08 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
Like indeed  your Radio-head/esk song.
Your vocals are sometimes a little"not at tone",..try to work on that.
Keep on working you have got talent dude

#8April 4th, 2006 · 11:55 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
41 posts
Indonesia
Agree on eveybody's opinion about vocal quality.

Ancient Times.....Ancient nuances

Ancient Wong Loves Ancient Stories.

Good Concept.

Votes from me no problem!
#9December 1st, 2006 · 03:17 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
127 posts
Bulgaria
I like the lyrics very much. This ancient piano in the end is great, but it's not rhytmic, the guitar and the piano are.. like wild creatures-everyone is doing something different. The song i sreally good, but there is more work on it.
#10December 1st, 2006 · 06:53 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
3 posts
United States of America
Neato!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 3:00 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.