#1March 8th, 2006 · 07:30 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
21 posts
United Kingdom
Take Me Back Home

This song is not in a battle

This song is, as the title suggests, about wanting to go back home.  'Catford' is the name of the place where I live; it used to be where the cows crossed the river (cattle-ford), but was shortened to 'Catford'.  That's why there's that line about cows.  Also, 'Chicago' is the name of a nightclub in Canterbury; I'm not insulting Chicago the place, I've never been there - I have no idea if it's full of cheap sluts.
Lyrics:

Take me back home

Bromley South station
54 miles away
Paper bag rustling
Across my day

I want to go home
Catford is where I'll be
Where cows cross the river
Please take me

Ancient walls do nothing
To stay interesting to me
Chicago sounds glamorous
If you cost just 50p

Take me back home

Nothing is sacred
And nothing is free
Nothing important
Is easy to be

Roses are red
The colour of dreams
When you're stabbed in the back
Well that's how it seems to me

Take me back home

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 8th, 2006 · 01:21 PM
7 threads
104 posts
United Kingdom
Now I do know something about Catford 'cos I grew up in Bromley (which is up the road) and my Auntie Betty still lives in Catford - but I didn't know about the cattle ford. Just shows you BandAMP is a wealth of knowledge.

P.S. I'm guessing you haven't been back for a while, 'cos you would probably have got mugged. Not for the song (unless you were playing it on an iPod at the time).

I now live on the Isle of Dogs (true). I sense some sort of theme goin on here....

now where were we.... (pause for 2nd listen)

At first I thought I wasn't going to like this, 'cos it was too bland or something was missing but I actually think it works quite well. Granted the 'mewing' synth gets on your nerves after a while but maybe TritonKeyboarder could come up with some variations? The key changes save it from being too 'one idea'. Maybe a bridge to break it up ?
#3March 9th, 2006 · 12:33 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
5 posts
France
nice!
i like the style, the voices, the writing but the text is a little gloomy! listen to s.O.D for example: their songs are always dark but optimistic. yes they are (to me at least...)
...but it sounds good, i liked it
#4March 9th, 2006 · 01:24 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
16 posts
Canada
The vocals seem a little distant if ya know what I mean, and at some points very hard to hear.  Otherwise not that bad.
#5March 9th, 2006 · 01:34 AM
7 threads / 7 songs
23 posts
Venezuela
nice
I like the synth and the blip programming

very stylish

Cheers
#6May 17th, 2006 · 06:07 PM
21 threads / 21 songs
72 posts
Germany
Mhh Why do you remind me of Matthew Bellamy...It's such a beautiful song... Yes it's a sad one, but I love sad songs... Beautiful lyrics... Nice Melody... and you're voice fits perfect...
Love it
#7May 17th, 2006 · 07:46 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
122 posts
United States of America
really nice!
I really like this song!

I would like to hear the vocals more & the music just a little quieter....
Good lyrics!!!

NT4M-  
#8May 17th, 2006 · 08:00 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
The reedy synth...iterally agitated my neck. It would be more tolerable if it were lower in the mix, and probably quite pleasant if you could pan it back and forth.
The other synth is really cool
#9May 18th, 2006 · 09:25 AM
50 threads / 43 songs
130 posts
Netherlands
In the beginning I was doubting whether to like it or not...the vocals are a bit out of tune at the first verse and the synth sound was a bit annoying me.

but then...Bass and drums were added and I started to like the flow in the song.

In the end actually I thought it was a great song.

But please get rid of the annoying synth sound

Greetz!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 30th, 2024 · 8:57 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.