#1March 8th, 2006 · 07:15 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
21 posts
United Kingdom
Freezing Cold

This song is not in a battle

This song is about missing my girlfriend.  I look forward to reading about why you dislike it.
Here are the lyrics:

This room's so cold
I don't want to get into bed
My skin's so old
My world is dead

My head contains
Ten thousand pictures of you
Fading fast
Nothing lasts

This room's so big
I've got so many things to do
I think of you
It's like you knew

I love your words
You always know just what to say
To make my day
Melt away

If I could have one more touch
If I could have one more kiss
If we did it all again
I'd still be alone like this

This room's so full
Of things made to burn my soul
Surviving
Is my goal

I feel empty
I feel like I'm wasting my life
Without you
By my side

This room's so full
Of things made to burn my soul
Surviving
Is my goal

I feel empty
I feel like I'm fasting getting old
Without you
I feel so cold
I'm freezing cold

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 8th, 2006 · 12:38 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Like how it turns into electronic but maybe Iwould like that part to be a smaller brake (?) or something like that instead of dividing the song in two diferent parts. Just an opinion.

In the acoustic part vocals are a bit plain wich totally disappears in the second part.

Overall, I think you have a great song here. Keep on the good work.
#3March 8th, 2006 · 02:26 PM
7 threads
104 posts
United Kingdom
I just know you're gonna get a lot of stick along the lines of "it'a a song of 2 halves" etc etc. The electronica version made more sense to me than the plain acoustic version. Gave me images of a guy alone in his room with nothing but a bed and a playstation, surrounded by half empty takeaways. If you can bring out the vocal over the samples (or whatever), I would try a playstation only version, 'cos it tells more of a story and puts you way ahead of all the other one-man-and-a-guitar-my-girlfriend's-left-me (again) stuff out there. I agree, you have a great song here.
#4March 8th, 2006 · 02:41 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
The vocals are a bit muffled somehow, but that's a mixing /post production issue that can be cleared up.  All other instruments are clear and bright.
Nice bit of stereo separation in the "electronic" bit, but the break does go on just a tad too long for me.
Unlike arroseuk, I really didn't get the 2nd part at all.  It made little sense after the "normal" sounding 1st half.
A song of two halves - yes it is.  I liked the first, disliked the second.
Perhaps don't go so heavy on the electronica and it would sit more comfortably with me
#5March 8th, 2006 · 03:23 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
9 posts
Italy
yes, the song is good, electronics are a bit too heavy for me, but i don't dislike it... maybe a little less of  sounds in the second part'd make it more psychedelic!
#6March 8th, 2006 · 05:56 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
21 posts
United Kingdom
Ha, this seems to be splitting BandAmpers right down the middle... surely, sooner or later, SOMEONE will like the song as a whole?  But I do agree with everyone on one thing - I did stretch the electronica out a bit longer than I meant to.  I think that when I was making it, I put so many different sounds in it, that I figured it would be made aurally interesting by the many varying sonorities that were displayed.  But it doesn't quite turn out like that.  Perhaps I should have layered it a bit more when it starts off.

Also, part of the reason for having 2 halves was to show the emotional change... I mean, it starts off with "This room's cold/I don't want to get into bed" and "This room's big/I've got things to do", and ends up with "This room's full/of things made to burn my soul" and "I feel empty/I feel like I'm wasting my life".  The protagonist kinda goes over the edge in the second half.
#7March 18th, 2006 · 03:34 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
17 posts
Canada
Ok but the voice is not so ggod and got to much reverb and tone...
#8May 17th, 2006 · 06:13 PM
21 threads / 21 songs
72 posts
Germany
I would give the lead guitar more reverb and less to the bass line... I listened to few of your songs... and I found them great all together.
Second Part is very Radiohead style... and that's cool!
#9May 17th, 2006 · 08:08 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
This is.....well............. two halves a song. Not a song of two halves though. The transition  between the two halves was wrong, that's all. It was the only mistake. Keep the mix where it is, expirement with the transition until you get it right, and shorten up the electronic part a bit.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 28th, 2024 · 7:53 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.